• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The 1500 is a good time as long as you don't go there with any expectations . I would waste 15 bucks on something twice as stupid this weekend so it's always a good time in my book. Sometimes you find some deals and sometimes I walk out basically empty handed. It is what you make of it and I enjoy an excuse to get out of the house for a day minus the wife and kids.

But are there any pretty girls?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    But are there any pretty girls?

Occassionally, it depends on how expensive the items for sale are as to how pretty the girls are at the booth; $10 widgets-walmartin chicks, $5000 handguns, chicks most of us can't even afford to LOOK at.:laugh:

And as far as the vendors ripping people off, the high prices, the crowds, etc., where else do you have the opportunity to comparison fondle so many different items in one place. That alone is worth the price of admission if you are in the final throes of the decision making process.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If you do go, take a big bar of soap, preferably a big bar of Ivory (sticks out from a distance), and wave it in front of you and at any table you want to see. The undesirables (99 & 44/100% of those in attendence) will run from you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Awesome! One more cop showing us paying peasants how superior he is.

Umm... blame the people that let him park for free. I didn't see where he forced anyone to allow him to park. :dunno: You can charge them double to park on your own property if you were so inclined.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Just thought of something , does it really take 4 guys to look at one gun ?

The rest are just standing there , not looking at anything , blocking off the table .

AAAUUGGHH

rant ended .thanks for listening.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm with femurphy77, lots of stuff all in one place to look at, handle, compare and ogle (guns and some pretty women scattered about). I usually go with a list if there's stuff I intend to buy, with my lowest price found (internet/local/whatever) so I know if I find a deal or not.

There's always some sort of oddball curiosity to gawk at (item or person) and the last time, I got to sample kangaroo and pheasant jerky... long live People for the Eating of Tasty Animals! (PETA)

:rockwoot:

As for crop dusting... fight fire with fire... just beware the shart...

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Just thought of something , does it really take 4 guys to look at one gun ?

The rest are just standing there , not looking at anything , blocking off the table .

AAAUUGGHH

rant ended .thanks for listening.

This would be my number one complaint. Saw it many,many times. As far as the rest.....I have sinus problems so I don't really notice the smells. I've seen some very good prices on stuff there. The" people watching" is well worth the price of admission/parking to me and the wife. And if someday I need a Jazzy to get around, I hope I can still go to the gun show.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am 6'4" tall and it kills me to walk shuffling my feet when it's so crowded. I would love to go but if I can't make a fairly good stride walking I'd better stay home.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I don't hate it, I've never been there. After reading several posts about it, now I HAVE TO GO! I may never go back but at least I'll have seen what the 1500 is all about.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Oh you'll do more than people WATCH..........sweaty people of poor hygiene rub against you :)

They check for loaded guns at the door, they might as well divert some patrons to the shower/soap line as well.

Top Bottom