• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes, there are some absolutely RIDICULOUS prices in the classifieds. And I mean ridiculous.

If you must make a comment, send them a PM but DO NOT comment in the ad. It will result in an infraction because it's an unnecessary comment.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    There are rule violations all over the classifieds. Maybe there should be more effort enforcing what is already there.
    What burns my ass is that when resarching something on the classifieds to see what market values are, if a certain item is selling and price trends, people will totally wipe out the add after it sells. Maybe just take out the price and put SOLD, or SPF. Either way, it's a crappy thing to do to this resource that we have. And it goes on all the time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There are rule violations all over the classifieds. Maybe there should be more effort enforcing what is already there.
    What burns my ass is that when resarching something on the classifieds to see what market values are, if a certain item is selling and price trends, people will totally wipe out the add after it sells. Maybe just take out the price and put SOLD, or SPF. Either way, it's a crappy thing to do to this resource that we have. And it goes on all the time.

They are NOT supposed to clear the ads or remove the pricing, yes it is a resource.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    You can be a part of the solution by reporting those violations when you see them. The mods can't possibly read every post.

Well, about the first time I posted something on the classifieds, it was with my phone, and I have never been able to post pics off of my phone. So I got red-assed for saying that I had pics but couldn't load them from my phone. I guess they always wanted people to just lie and say there are no pics. Well, after that, I reported several "infractions" and I don't think anything was ever done about them, of course, they had a few thousand more posts then I did......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, about the first time I posted something on the classifieds, it was with my phone, and I have never been able to post pics off of my phone. So I got red-assed for saying that I had pics but couldn't load them from my phone. I guess they always wanted people to just lie and say there are no pics. Well, after that, I reported several "infractions" and I don't think anything was ever done about them, of course, they had a few thousand more posts then I did......

Post count means sqwat. I get warnings and infractions every time I screw up.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

It was just an observation.

No it wasn't "just an observation". It was a passive-aggressive poke at the staff and the rules. The old rule that said "post pics or state that you have none" was not about lying. It was about saying there are no pics for the ad so that it doesn't get bumped a billion times by folks asking for pics.

Nobody but the staff and the person receiving the infraction knows about the infraction. This is one of the things about this site that pisses me off the most. People such as yourself get their panties in a wad saying that the staff does nothing about rule violations or has some sort of "good ol boy club". All complete BS. When we find classifieds rules violations, we issue an infraction that is private. It's like a speeding ticket, only you and the officer know you got it, there is no billboard taken out that lists all the speeding tickets given.

In other words, and as was said better than I ever could: "lighten up, Francis"

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Well, I'm assuming that if someone gets a "warning" or an "infraction", then the post/ad would be deleted, or the offending poster would be made to correct the infraction. The fact that certain posts remain, and are not taken down or fixed indicates to me that there was no warning and/or infraction given as a result of the post in question. And yes, that was an observation. I don't make passive aggressive "pokes" at anyone, I get right to the point in I "poke" at anyone.

And around here, if you get a speeding ticket, it's in the news paper.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If you report that, we will edit the post to replace the sale information, but we cannot MAKE a person keep the picture up at that point. I know the picture isn't a concern, but just in case someone wonders why a photo is removed after the ad is closed, that is why.

Before the new change, we would attempt to "work" with members and let them post pics when they "got home" or give them the chance to add the photograph later, for whatever reason. If you want, I can find the ads you reported and see what happened to them. Just let me know and I'll get it to you. We try to handle everything we see or is reported.

Well, I'm assuming that if someone gets a "warning" or an "infraction", then the post/ad would be deleted, or the offending poster would be made to correct the infraction. The fact that certain posts remain, and are not taken down or fixed indicates to me that there was no warning and/or infraction given as a result of the post in question. And yes, that was an observation. I don't make passive aggressive "pokes" at anyone, I get right to the point in I "poke" at anyone.

And around here, if you get a speeding ticket, it's in the news paper.

You are probably right, if an ad remains, it's likely we didn't infract the person. But, like I said, we sometimes allowed the person time to edit the ad instead of trashing it and making him/her start over. Some of these ads may have been overlooked and not handled properly. Hopefully, the new rule will prevent these errors in the future.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Thank you Que, for the professional response. I'm not here to start trouble, and I read 100x more then I post. This site is a huge source of information for me, and it not only comes from the sold items in the classifieds but the heated discussions. It's a nice mix of entertainment and information, seeing both sides of issues.

It was long ago that I reported those afore mentioned violations, and there is no way I would remember what they are now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What would it take to get an exception for someone who's really just trying to overcharge for a family heirloom? Maybe some sort of "fast track to the classifieds so we can ridicule you" type system?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What would it take to get an exception for someone who's really just trying to overcharge for a family heirloom? Maybe some sort of "fast track to the classifieds so we can ridicule you" type system?

I will get back with you when I get my breath from laughing so darn hard.

Top Bottom