• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The perversion of the scientific method and peer review is more likely to be deadly to western civilization than climate change will ever be

I think this ^^^^ sums it up.

No academic has the guts to tell these people their ideas are off the charts nonsensical, as in the "age that I identify" article, or dishonest and furtive, like when the climate change people will not show the data..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    PgWlwvS.jpg

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk

No academic has the guts to tell these people their ideas are off the charts nonsensical, as in the "age that I identify" article, or dishonest and furtive, like when the climate change people will not show the data..

Bingo.

I've been in STM editing/publishing for nearly 30 years covering a few different topics. There is an awful lot of BS in all areas of research and science. My lifelong interest in science is nearly gone because of the paid-for, expected results.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I have this scary vision of what happens when we try to craft a real world response to hypersonic boost-glide warheads or a future emerging threat, or even a slower but more existential threat like honey bee colony collapse, and we are more concerned with assigning an ethnically and gender balanced team to the problem rather than the best team

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    To a J.D., this sort of thing is milk-through-the-nose funny. At least only the most *******y of us ever tried to be called "doctor" by anyone. These fake-discipline Ph.D. types...

[video=youtube;XABXzOrhBXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XABXzOrhBXI[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have this scary vision of what happens when we try to craft a real world response to hypersonic boost-glide warheads or a future emerging threat, or even a slower but more existential threat like honey bee colony collapse, and we are more concerned with assigning an ethnically and gender balanced team to the problem rather than the best team

Leadership has been doing that for years, contracting out work to privileged and protected groups.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    To a J.D., this sort of thing is milk-through-the-nose funny. At least only the most *******y of us ever tried to be called "doctor" by anyone. These fake-discipline Ph.D. types...
    Agreed, Hough. I bailed on formal education after getting my MSEE (BFD). I met a woman at one of my wife's teacher parties, and dutifully called her "Ms." when I saw her later. She emphatically told me that she had worked hard for her PhD, and that I should refer to her as "Doctor". I said that I skated through engineering grad school, but that she should refer to me as "Master". Neither she nor Mrs oze were pleased.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Agreed, Hough. I bailed on formal education after getting my MSEE (BFD). I met a woman at one of my wife's teacher parties, and dutifully called her "Ms." when I saw her later. She emphatically told me that she had worked hard for her PhD, and that I should refer to her as "Doctor". I said that I skated through engineering grad school, but that she should refer to me as "Master". Neither she nor Mrs oze were pleased.

My wife is the only person who has ever called me "doctor"...but that's a story for a different time.

However, I have taught part-time for 2 institutions and you can bet that they take credit for the "D" when they report the number of faculty with terminal degrees to the accrediting people.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    My wife is the only person who has ever called me "doctor"...but that's a story for a different time.

However, I have taught part-time for 2 institutions and you can bet that they take credit for the "D" when they report the number of faculty with terminal degrees to the accrediting people.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Terminal?? I didn't even know you were sick! :faint:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Elementary Schools In Canada Mandated To Fly Gay Pride Flags. The One Dissenting Voice Got Shut Down.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4407...a-mandated-fly-gay-pride-amanda-prestigiacomo

"The rainbow flag, symbol of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities, will fly in front of all public elementary schools for at least one week during Pride Month in June," reported Windsor Star.

Greater Essex County District School Board vice chairman Julia Burgess, who introduced the motion, said the flag will let students know that "we have their back."

"When you’re in elementary school, and you’re just coming into adolescence, it’s a very vulnerable time. You may not have a lot of peers like you. The Pride flag tells them we have their back," said Burgess at the board meeting, adding: "It’s a statement that we are going to recognize we’re a diverse, safe, welcoming board."

According to Windsor Star, the main office and all high schools within the district have been flying the gay pride flags — which includes the color purple, representing gender identity, or transgenderism — during Pride month since 2016. The new measure expands the compulsory flag-flying to also include elementary schools.

Linda Qin, the sole trustee to question the mandate explained that the flag might confuse such young children, particularly with concern to gender identity. Qin, however, was swiftly shut down.

"The kids are so young," she argued. "The flag may make them confused. I wonder if we’re misleading them about the idea of gender. We want to be careful."

The trustee noted that she has knowledge of a student being bullied by "aggressive" pro-LGBT folks.

Qin was told her time was up, according to Windsor Star, and was cut off by chairwoman Jessica Sartori.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm going to show my outrage by watching "True Grit" followed by a "McClintock" chaser.

[video=youtube;6IXyf8CP6Fw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXyf8CP6Fw[/video]

I love the fight seen at the mudhole, where the old Indian guy walks around laughing, and asking "Where's the Whiskey?"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I know an adjunct instructor at Ivy Tech who taught high school until retirement, who happens to have a PhD. She will actually "correct" both student and colleague alike who dare to address her as "Mrs. ______." It's sad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom