17425015_10210949569689074_388786460805766748_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is actually the first time I've heard that said re: "midget" vs "little person", and the former being derogatory, since nursing school. We were told there that the term was not considered polite... no one ever said why.

So probably m-word strippers is REALLY bad to say.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait. Are we introducing another letter-word? Do we have to call that the g-word now?

I'm the G-word.

Also...

Liking straight human girls is perverted, you sick freaks.

Oh, but banging space aliens is where we need to head for our progressive future.

It's way too easy to point out hypocrisy with these people.

C7fQY-tX0AA9S22.jpg:small

C7fQZohWkAEA2WO.jpg:small

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I looked up the article, as I wanted to see what the "already uncomfortable experience" was.

Being looked at. Ogled, apparently. I get the idea. It makes sense that no one wants to solely exist for others to look at, as if he or she was an object for others' enjoyment, and no more. That makes sense; Putting the shoe on the other foot, I'd not want to be objectified for a group of women either, not that there's much chance of it. The article writer wholly misses the point, though, that these groups of pixels are not going to feel objectified. They're not going to feel anything. If I catch her point, though, she's saying that when guys look at pixels arranged to look like attractive women, and those quasi-women can't stop guys from looking at them, it emboldens the guys to do the same in real life, in the so-called "meat world". I can see how that would border upon harassment, yes.

I don't agree with the premise, but I can see how it might go that way, for a specific subset of gamers.

I've been on Second Life. The volleyball game pictured above is a fair representation of how VR characters look, and yes, it is possible, using the mobility of the camera to see things that would violate several laws were they done in actual reality. (one cannot lawfully do "upskirt shots" without the consent of the wearer of the skirt in real life, for example) There is no harm done, and those characters are created specifically to be looked at. Otherwise, everyone would look like Minecraft characters.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm the G-word.

Also...

Liking straight human girls is perverted, you sick freaks.

Oh, but banging space aliens is where we need to head for our progressive future.

It's way too easy to point out hypocrisy with these people.

C7fQY-tX0AA9S22.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When the demand for hate crime is greater than the supply.

******* is pretending to be Jewish. He used the "I just wanted to start a conversation" bull****.

Man arrested for spray painting swastikas on his home not believed to be Jewish

Bill of Rights said:

Reminds me of this recent story...

We tested bots like Siri and Alexa to see who would stand up to sexual harassment

They actually went through a series of phrases with these artificial intelligence apps/programs to see how they reacted to harassment.

Which is immediately nonsense... because they aren't real people. That they wasted any time on this is mind-boggling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom