• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Chris Darden, a prosecutor working with Marcia Clark, wrote a book about this. I forget the name of it, but after reading it I had no question OJ was guilty. For the record, Chris Darden is black.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Chris Darden, a prosecutor working with Marcia Clark, wrote a book about this. I forget the name of it, but after reading it I had no question OJ was guilty. For the record, Chris Darden is black.

And has been a criminal defense attorney since shortly after the OJ case was tried.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And has been a criminal defense attorney since shortly after the OJ case was tried.

That was a good move. He got to see true masters of the craft in action and learned by getting beat by them.

Maybe someday he'll be mentioned among the likes of Johnny Cochran, Gerry Spence, Kirk Freeman, Esq, F lee Bailey, and Alan Dershowitz.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That was a good move. He got to see true masters of the craft in action and learned by getting beat by them.

Maybe someday he'll be mentioned among the likes of Johnny Cochran, Gerry Spence, Kirk Freeman, Esq, F lee Bailey, and Alan Dershowitz.

I hear that Darden started asking questions and then some deputies took him to a bathroom to see what kind of package he was packing....so he's well on his way to emulating one of that august group.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I watched oj : made in America
    Oj did it, obviously, and the jurors only exonerated him in retaliation for Rodney king (specifically 3 of them said so). Robert Shapiro went on to interview the day after acquittal with Diane sawyer to say he felt indifferent to Johnnie Cochran 'S use of Hitler and the Nazis (describing lapd) in his closing.
    Imho oj was,never on trial...it was the lapd 'S previous 2 or 3 yrs of behavior (prior to the trial) that were put under the microscope

Frequent Hannity guest, Mark Furman (what a surprise!), seemed to make (at the time) LAPDs bad actions, a little more "current." It's hard to get convictions when one of your investigators is a liar and racist. I believe the Nazi reference was pointed directly at Furman (and not the LAPD), and completely valid.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Having Nathan Lane play F. Lee [strike]Buckingham[/strike] Bailey was pure genius.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    TBH, I seriously doubt that "he" murdered her. I can easily believe he paid to have it done. The dip sh*t detective Fuhrman blew any chance at getting any kind of conviction for murder or accessory to murder. I was amaze when he was found guilty at the civil trial.

That case was proof that with enough money you can get you out of anything.

Kut nailed it when he called him scum.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The investigation and how things were handled is what really stands out in the case. Also, he is an abuser of women, so I don't have sympathy for the guy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, to find silver linings in the OJ criminal trial, it pushed many jurisdictions to become more professional in how crime scenes were processed and how investigations were conducted. It reflects a time-marker between old-school and new-school chain of custody, etc. Sure, not all jurisdictions crossed over right away, and some were adopting new procedures anyway, but it was a horror story writ large.

I like how Barry Scheck was portrayed in the Netflix show. He really was on the bleeding edge (pardon the terrible pun) of the technology and the law.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, to find silver linings in the OJ criminal trial, it pushed many jurisdictions to become more professional in how crime scenes were processed and how investigations were conducted. It reflects a time-marker between old-school and new-school chain of custody, etc. Sure, not all jurisdictions crossed over right away, and some were adopting new procedures anyway, but it was a horror story writ large.

I like how Barry Scheck was portrayed in the Netflix show. He really was on the bleeding edge (pardon the terrible pun) of the technology and the law.

Listening to Barry Scheck's cross examines of the lab personnel nearly convinced me to ditch the law school thing and head back to Grand Rapids and the fast-paced world of used car sales.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Barry Scheck is very smart yet when asked if he thought oj did it, he was at a loss for words lol.

And Mark Fuhrman? Where to begin ugh. Pre- oj he had sent a letter to his superiors stating he was so disenfranchised by "the blacks and mexicans" on his beat that he was about to start "killing them".
    Yikes

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am watching the hearing. I am not seeing him being sorry for much of anything. Or taking responsibility for his actions.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    For that crime, yeah.

I doubt he will keep out of trouble. I would not be surprised if he screws his parole up. Time will tell.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's been so long since all that original case transpired, I really have forgotten a lot of the details. I remember at the time thinking he was guilty as sin but when those idiots made him try on those gloves, I knew he was going to get away with it. It still simply amazes me that people like him, who have been blessed with so many earthly, material things, and wealth can blow it so badly.

Top Bottom