• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's been so long since all that original case transpired, I really have forgotten a lot of the details. I remember at the time thinking he was guilty as sin but when those idiots made him try on those gloves, I knew he was going to get away with it. It still simply amazes me that people like him, who have been blessed with so many earthly, material things, and wealth can blow it so badly.

That bit of theater was so feeble. OJ pretending he couldn't get the gloves that were shrunken and crusted with blood on his hands while he was wearing a pair of surgical gloves was laughable. It was meaningless as to whether or not he could have put the gloves on his hand when they were clean and dry and his hands were bare. He probably would have wanted them really tight in order to get his work done!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That bit of theater was so feeble. OJ pretending he couldn't get the gloves that were shrunken and crusted with blood on his hands while he was wearing a pair of surgical gloves was laughable. It was meaningless as to whether or not he could have put the gloves on his hand when they were clean and dry and his hands were bare. He probably would have wanted them really tight in order to get his work done!

I agree. It was a dumb move. I'm not a lawyer and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for some time but I thought it was sort of a cardinal rule that lawyers didn't ask questions (and by extension I presume, have witnesses try on articles of clothing) unless they already knew the answer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I remember him swearing to hunt down the 'real' killer. I don't remember him actually doing anything.

Probably because he was broke.

tenor.gif

Yeah, that's the ticket!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A reminder: The Buffalo Bills lost a game in 1970 by missing one pass which should have been a touchdown. That loss allowed them to get the first pick in the draft. They took O.J. Simpson. He lived in Buffalo where he met his wife Nicole. He was charged with killing her and one of his defense team was Robert Kardashian. O.J. was acquitted which accorded the Kardashians some fame. Then Kim drops the sex tape and becomes more famous. So, the 1970 Buffalo Bills are the reason we have to deal with the Kardashians today. If they had won that game, they would not have gotten the first draft pick, would not have gotten O.J., and he wouldn't have met Nicole. Therefore, he wouldn't have had the chance to kill her and the entire Kardashian family wouldn't have even a sliver of fame in modern culture.

Damn you Buffalo Bills, damn you!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Still sure how kidnapping was applied. Based on it's application in that case, wouldn't ALL armed robberies be kidnapping?

Many either include a criminal confinement or a kidnapping. Our prosecutors are charging the new* kidnapping if the robber makes the victims move around beyond the counter, ie to the back of the business, to a walk-in freezer, etc. However there must be some significant movement (not take a step away from the register sort of movement) and it must be at the criminal's direction (not you fled on your own). "Lay on the floor and stay there for 10 minutes after I leave" sort of demands are still criminal confinement. They generally disappear in the plea bargain but are charged fairly frequently when the conditions are met.

(*Note for those playing at home, kidnapping in Indiana used to require a demand for ransom, so moving people against their will usually fell under criminal confinement. With the last major IC changes, the ransom portion was dropped. In broad strokes, making someone move is kidnapping, preventing someone from moving is criminal confinement under the current code)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My only thought is this .....

Most of "us" couldn't hide a murder weapon, good enough to "never be found" .....

I still think, it was a "drug deal" gone, bad and she was in the wrong place, at the wrong time .....

The OJ case is often used as a "don't do this" case study for detective/investigator schools. As such, I've sat through at least 3 re-hashings of the investigation I can think of off the top of my head.

The investigators who questioned him did a horrendous job. Seriously, a terrible interview. He makes partial admissions and they gloss over it, they even interrupt him sometimes, they don't ask the obvious questions, they rush it. Arguably, they are star struck (they got autographs before he left) but they certainly give the impression they want to rush through it.

He also brought a duffel bag to the interview which was never searched. Yes, he was allowed to bring a duffel into a police department without it being checked for weapons, etc. Celebrity status probably rearing it's head again. The duffel was then given to his attorney and was never seen again. Most investigators who weren't originally related to the case believe OJ came to confess and try to get the best deal he could. The weapon and clothing was in the duffel. He *tried* to confess a few times and the interviewers wouldn't let him. Once he realized they were not on to him, he decided to not confess and the evidence in the duffel disappeared, probably via his attorney.

I don't care to rehash the whole thing again, most of it is of little interest to someone not learning to do interview/interrogation of criminal suspects...but I'm pretty certain he's the killer over a "domestic issue" and skated due to celebrity status clouding the initial investigation.

Top Bottom