• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When the leading horse came out of his lane and crossed the path of two following horsed, that is an infraction that although rarely enforced was a correct call. I was amazed after seeing the slow motion close up that the number 1 horse (silk number) did not go down. Unfortunately for the horse/rider that crossed the line first, rules are rules.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Quote: .”“A leading horse when clear is entitled to any part of the track,” the rule states. “Except in a straight-away racing, Unquote :

We'll they clearly did not touch and the jockey could not see behind him and the jockey cannot steer a horse like he would steer a vehicle.

There was no (clear) intent demonstrated.

The jockey did not look or glance back, so no clear intent demonstrated. The horse may have drifted in a turn but it was not intentional and he was in the lead and he was free to move anywhere he wanted.

You may want to look at the still shot on this link showing the 7 horse did touch another horse.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/n...curity_Disqualified_in_the_Kentucky_Derby_123

These are the best jockey's in the world, they can, do, and are expected to control their horse. Yes the horse did the move, but the jockey is supposed to be in control and he was not. If this rule does not exist "the big one" is a real possibility and we are talking millions of dollars in horses would have to be put down, not available for future races, and stud services. The sport cannot allow that to happen.

I give the sport kudos foe enforcing the rule in the toughest of situations where millions of casual fans that do not comprehend the gravity will be upset.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Quote: Intent / intentional - those words keep surfacing on a variety of topics these days. Unquote :

That's probably because that's the way the law is worded in some instances.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    If this rule does not exist "the big one" is a real possibility and we are talking millions of dollars in horses would have to be put down, not available for future races, and stud services.

Holy Crap! You mean to tell me that if I break my leg I will no longer be able to offer my stud services? I just assumed I could still lie in bed and have my wife wear her nurse uniform and give me frequent sponge baths. Time to change my Living Will with a clause to Put Me Down if I break my leg.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    How long have cars been around and we're still racing horses?

I will never understand people and their fascination with animals.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Holy Crap! You mean to tell me that if I break my leg I will no longer be able to offer my stud services? I just assumed I could still lie in bed and have my wife wear her nurse uniform and give me frequent sponge baths. Time to change my Living Will with a clause to Put Me Down if I break my leg.

It's in writing on INGO. That's basically the same thing as a living will. We've got you covered. :thumbsup:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You may want to look at the still shot on this link showing the 7 horse did touch another horse.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/n...curity_Disqualified_in_the_Kentucky_Derby_123

These are the best jockey's in the world, they can, do, and are expected to control their horse. Yes the horse did the move, but the jockey is supposed to be in control and he was not. If this rule does not exist "the big one" is a real possibility and we are talking millions of dollars in horses would have to be put down, not available for future races, and stud services. The sport cannot allow that to happen.

I give the sport kudos foe enforcing the rule in the toughest of situations where millions of casual fans that do not comprehend the gravity will be upset.
    It is also very dangerous for the jockey.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We get it. There's a group of people who are super cool because they don't care about what a lot of other people care about.

How sophisticated.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Big assumption that the wife wasn't planning to put you down instead of sponge baths anyway...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is also very dangerous for the jockey.

These are the fastest race horses in the world, "the big one" would be unprecedented, the carnage unimaginable. And yet the social media world is upset that rules are enforced to protect the horses and jockeys...

Top Bottom