• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've noticed Amash has accused Trump of criminal behavior rising out of the Mueller Report, but I haven't seen anywhere where he's said exactly what those "high crimes and misdemeanors" are, exactly. Anyone have an idea to what he's referring?
    Everyone has access to the same report. The redactions don’t really obfuscate all that much. He could quote chapter and verse so we could all follow along.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've noticed Amash has accused Trump of criminal behavior rising out of the Mueller Report, but I haven't seen anywhere where he's said exactly what those "high crimes and misdemeanors" are, exactly. Anyone have an idea to what he's referring?

Trump Won.
    Isn't that was it all comes down to? :crying:

What I'm loving is that because Trump won, it has brought out everyone's true colors. If we ever wondered about anybody in the past, it's all out in the open now. Nobody is hiding anything. Rinos alike.

And after Trumps term is over in 2024, we will still know who's who from what's happening right now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McAfee's new anti-campaign campaign video

[video=youtube;966SHabMJg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966SHabMJg4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I always enjoy this thread... folks poking fun at others while they argue amongst themselves about how the boot of state on their throat is better or worse depending upon whether it is the left boot or the right boot.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If there was someone worthy of voting for that can pull more than 4%, I'm all for it.
    There's always seems to be a "Pedigree" argument among the Libertarians that I've seen in the past.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well...it’s finally starting to fill up.

Amash announces an exploratory committee.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/28/justin-amash-launches-exploratory-committee-presidential-run/

And finally the LP has a member in congress... not a LP-elected member but they’re happy anyway.

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/justin-amash-formally-joins-the-libertarian-party-makes-history/

I've never voted big L. I've wanted to but they tend to field some pretty off the wall candidates. I liked Austin Peterson, but he's not mature enough for primetime (not that Trump was/is) and he has a few odd takes on some things. But then they nominated Johnson/Weld. And Libertarian voters actually gave serious consideration to John McAfee, someone who clearly has lost some important screws holding his sanity together. But, I'll say this about Amash joining the party. Given the people the LP seems to attract, I think he's found a home. It's no place for conservatarians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I always enjoy this thread... folks poking fun at others while they argue amongst themselves about how the boot of state on their throat is better or worse depending upon whether it is the left boot or the right boot.

John. ****ing. McAfee.

Bill Weld.

Gary "feel my" Johnson. Was he ever NOT stoned in any of his interviews?

Dude. Find some serious candidates and people might take the LP more seriously. LP was fun for awhile. Some intriguing ideas. But then people figured out that's the extent of the content. The field of Libertarian candidates is usually much like The Adams Family vs society. Gary Johnson, for **** sake! You guys nominated Gary Johnson. And after he was nominated, he told people not to vote for him, and vote for Hillary instead! WTF? How could anyone take that ****ing party seriously ever again? Burn that **** down and rebrand it as something else. That's the only way anyone is going to take it seriously again. Maybe you guys could drop the "boot" shtick. It's become an identifier of sorts. A signal to tune out, nonsense is to follow.

I don't like big government either. But I don't see the LP as an effective force against it. No one takes them seriously because they act like clowns. John. ****ing. McAfee! Think about that. How is it that people didn't throw slimy pickles at him the very first debate. You know, you guys can say, "boo! Get off the stage you ****ing freak!" But I get it. To be consistent you'd probably have to throw pickles at just about all of them, so might as well throw pickles at none of them. Just blame it all on "statists", as if that's useful for anything.

TL;DR: So yeah. I'm a bit dissatisfied with the LP.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just change the name to Legalization Party, freeing them from the need for any coherent choices for candidate (or maybe requiring one named Dave)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just change the name to Legalization Party, freeing them from the need for any coherent choices for candidate (or maybe requiring one named Dave)

I've heard a lot of people say that libertarians are only libertarians because they just want to smoke pot without threat of being arrested. That they're not all that libertarian on other issues. And I've pushed back on that. Libertarians do have a lot of valid points in their platform. However, when their nominated candidate for President has to pledge not to smoke pot while campaigning or whatever it was, it's really hard to make that case.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    John. ****ing. McAfee.

Bill Weld.

Gary "feel my" Johnson. Was he ever NOT stoned in any of his interviews?

Dude. Find some serious candidates and people might take the LP more seriously. LP was fun for awhile. Some intriguing ideas. But then people figured out that's the extent of the content. The field of Libertarian candidates is usually much like The Adams Family vs society. Gary Johnson, for **** sake! You guys nominated Gary Johnson. And after he was nominated, he told people not to vote for him, and vote for Hillary instead! WTF? How could anyone take that ****ing party seriously ever again? Burn that **** down and rebrand it as something else. That's the only way anyone is going to take it seriously again. Maybe you guys could drop the "boot" shtick. It's become an identifier of sorts. A signal to tune out, nonsense is to follow.

I don't like big government either. But I don't see the LP as an effective force against it. No one takes them seriously because they act like clowns. John. ****ing. McAfee! Think about that. How is it that people didn't throw slimy pickles at him the very first debate. You know, you guys can say, "boo! Get off the stage you ****ing freak!" But I get it. To be consistent you'd probably have to throw pickles at just about all of them, so might as well throw pickles at none of them. Just blame it all on "statists", as if that's useful for anything.

TL;DR: So yeah. I'm a bit dissatisfied with the LP.

And I thought my disdain for this clown party was tough to top...

:D

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If they'd nominate McAfee, I'd actually pull the lever for him. Been following him for at least a decade now.

Otherwise, Trump again.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've heard a lot of people say that libertarians are only libertarians because they just want to smoke pot without threat of being arrested. That they're not all that libertarian on other issues. And I've pushed back on that. Libertarians do have a lot of valid points in their platform. However, when their nominated candidate for President has to pledge not to smoke pot while campaigning or whatever it was, it's really hard to make that case.

I think the Peter Tosh wing of their support outnumbers the small government/taxation is theft wing by quite a bit now

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the Peter Tosh wing of their support outnumbers the small government/taxation is theft wing by quite a bit now

Judging from who seems to win primaries, I think that's probably true. Small government advocacy seems even dead in the LP. Sometimes I think we (small government advocates) should just say **** it, punt, and take our entitlements like good little subjects.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Wasn't the Libertarian Party in Virginia bragging about splitting the vote, which resulted in Northam becoming the governor?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Judging from who seems to win primaries, I think that's probably true. Small government advocacy seems even dead in the LP. Sometimes I think we (small government advocates) should just say **** it, punt, and take our entitlements like good little subjects.

I think the concept is somewhat self-limiting. It would take a complete ideological take-over of all branches of government in order to aquire sufficient power to downsize the government. Those suckling at the teat would be whole-heartedly against that agenda and a fair percentage of those in favor would be at least uneasy of such a concentration of power. IMO Trump is your best bet for real change since Reagan but he's not exactly a true believer

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the concept is somewhat self-limiting. It would take a complete ideological take-over of all branches of government in order to aquire sufficient power to downsize the government. Those suckling at the teat would be whole-heartedly against that agenda and a fair percentage of those in favor would be at least uneasy of such a concentration of power. IMO Trump is your best bet for real change since Reagan but he's not exactly a true believer

I used to razz some formerly active hardcore libertarians here about that. They're so opposed to using force but they'd have to use force to get their way. They just seemed to think that someday the system would just crash, and then some magical revolution would happen, much like the idiot Marxists thought, and then they'd usher in their utopia. Except, I'd say, it would have to be by force. Their way is just not in league with human nature. Liberty is the result of people consciously overriding their programming. It's not as natural as people like to believe. It's not an easy sell. It's hard to gain. And I wish people weren't so ***damn eager to be rid of it. But they are. And that's a reason we're getting used to standing in lines.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They're so opposed to using force but they'd have to use force to get their way.

And this is the core philosophy of anarcho-fascism.

Hilariously, it's a very valid and realistic approach to achieving a reduced or eliminated state presence.

Top Bottom