• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im sure we've all seen it at least once and know the disgusting things he eats, i.e. rats, raw frogs, bats, pig carcass.

So that being said where do you draw the line? What disgusting **** will you take your chances and not eat when you have the chance.

For me its coyotes and possums, and anything I didnt kill or know how long its been dead. Rats might be pushing it to.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I wouldn't care how disgusting it tastes, but I would weigh the chances of me getting sick from it vs starving. If you get the squirts from it, you just signed your death certificate.

A lot of things he does on that show are stupid. If it you find it already dead, you should cook the hell out of it first.

That being said, you can eat a lot more things without getting sick than most think.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I wouldn't care how disgusting it tastes, but I would weigh the chances of me getting sick from it vs starving. If you get the squirts from it, you just signed your death certificate.

A lot of things he does on that show are stupid. If it you find it already dead, you should cook the hell out of it first.

That being said, you can eat a lot more things without getting sick than most think.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can I cook it first? A little fire makes about anything palatable.

My general rule: I'll eat anything that isn't moving, and only a very few things that are ;)

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5175432/Well-here-we-are-Time-to-drink-my-own-****.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=bear-grylls

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Cooking is the key for me. Cooked to well done most meat becomes food. Call me the shtf-bbq master :) lol but in all truth I have heard it said that "local" conditioning of the gut is the key. Locals can eat things those not use to eating cant. IE the water in mexico or SE Asia. locals are fine, tourists are damb near wrung inside out by it. I have been told that tribesman from africa who often eat meat that is days to weeks old unrefridged and teaming with really really nasty bacteria can become violently ill by exposure to the everyday bacteria found in most fast food in this country. I never trust water when abroad and practice the old SF trick of putting hot sauce on everything I eat :)

Top Bottom