• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I love to let my pipes speak when someone is on the phone, other than that its just idle maybe a quick rev before take off if its a long light. I think to many people do it for no reason.
    Who doesn't like loud pipes?:rockwoot:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Now that this mystery has been solved, lets move on to the next.

THE LOW WAVE

Every biker does the low wave to other bikers, why? Is it a secret club wave that you have to do every time or you get kicked out? I think that people in cars should do something similar when we see other cars and leave out the bikers. Maybe we should all do it in our cars at them to confuse them, especially when they are at stoplights revving up their motors.

It's just recognition of another rider. Nothing more or less. There's a "Corvette wave" too.

Ugh. I hate when squids do that.

When they do that, start pointing and laughing at their mile-wide chicken strips.

LOL. exactly. A few seasons back, I was in my truck hauling some mulch back to the old homestead, and there were a couple of riders in the left hand turning lane. They got their green arrow, and proceeded to turn left, ride across the ENTIRE 2 lanes and shoulder of the highway to the curb (had to be a good 40' of distance they crossed). Then they duckwalked backwards pulled away from the curb into a lane of traffic, and proceeded to wheelie away. I couldn't stop laughing for like 2 miles. Awesome. You can't execute a simple u-turn, but you can 12 o'clock for half a mile.

:n00b:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giantsquid.gif
    SIGNAL!!!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I prefer to bolt a box spring (king size) to the bottom of my bike to trigger the light sensors.

Actually my center stand does wonders; pull up to the edge of the inductive loop and drop the stand to the pavement........no problems.

I saw a blipper today at the square in Shelbyville around lunch time. I thought of this thread immediately. He was definitely a look-at-me younger guy blipping to impress impress someone. I wasn't sure who.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    CASE IN POINT...
    I just found out that today, a guy I know from my hometown who rides a big Harley with LOUD pipes had somebody pull out in front to him.

He survived the wreck, but has a lot of recovering to do.

The driver claimed he didn't see him.
    "Loud pipes" did NOTHING for him.

Being as VISIBLE as possible, assuming you're INVISIBLE, and wearing protective gear is more important than making a bunch of noise.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    CASE IN POINT...
    I just found out that today, a guy I know from my hometown who rides a big Harley with LOUD pipes had somebody pull out in front to him.

He survived the wreck, but has a lot of recovering to do.

The driver claimed he didn't see him.
    "Loud pipes" did NOTHING for him.

Being as VISIBLE as possible, assuming you're INVISIBLE, and wearing protective gear is more important than making a bunch of noise.

You can use 1 case to argue your point, but how many drivers were paying attention and knew the bike was there? Was a fatal accident avoided 30 seconds earlier because we pay more attention when loud bikes are around? We'll never know.
    My bike is not very loud, more of a low rumble even at highway speeds, but I fully agree with "loud pipes save lives". You may not see a particular bike till he's beside or past you, but you hear a lot of loud bikes this time of year. Wether it pleases you or annoys you, you think about it more. Even if you refuse to acknowledge that, it sticks with you wether you're on the road or at the keyboard.
    I don't see any threads about visible bikes, just about loud bikes. Loud bikes save lives because they get your attention, and keep your attention.
    I do agree with you that being visible is important, but I think you need to rethink your position about being heard.
    Protective gear is most important. I do not ride without a helmet, and I will not ride a bike that doesn't have a crash bar. No matter how visible or how loud you are, there will always be stupid people on the road.

Top Bottom