• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am going to try to make the April 10 match. Looking for a new upper this weekend at the 1500. I am going to be short on gear, (spotting scope and all them high speed accesories). If anyone is going thru Anderson to get there maybe we can share a ride and/or gear:D.

Let's stay in touch. I don't know yet if I will go down Friday night and stay in the BOQ or drive down Saturday morning. I'll have room for you in my Suburban and we will get squadded together and can share scope and such. Also, If you are planning on shootig a AR Service rifle, I could bring one for you. In case you don't find an upper at the 1500.

Be sure you are on the gate list in case they are checking that weekend.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Let's stay in touch. I don't know yet if I will go down Friday night and stay in the BOQ or drive down Saturday morning. I'll have room for you in my Suburban and we will get squadded together and can share scope and such. Also, If you are planning on shootig a AR Service rifle, I could bring one for you. In case you don't find an upper at the 1500.

Be sure you are on the gate list in case they are checking that weekend.

Much appreciated. Who or how do I get on the gate list?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I shot my first Highpower match in 20 years Saturday. Just being there was good enough. Special thanks to sloughfoot, for the loan of the gun and gear. Small turnout but a beautiful day for shooting. All the folks were great to be around even saw an obama sticker.:D
    If you like to shoot AR's then show up for one of these matches. Not to many places to shoot in Indiana with that kind of range. Long range up to 1000 yrds will be shoot this month and looks like at least once a month thru the summer. Even at 200, 300, 500, or 600 yrds where in Indiana you gonna do that. Minimal cost can be treated as range fees. Lots of opportunity to learn from some really great guys and gals.

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Glad you had a good time USMC. Once it warmed up, it was a beautiful day.

RMC on the 24th of this month and 1,000 yards on the 25th.

I would like to shoot them but I need to find at least an upper for the RMC. I might come and watch some of the long range. Some people may laugh but you can have a lot of fun just watching. Let me get my service rifle togather and then I will get something for the long range.

If I can find the right M1A.....

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would like to shoot them but I need to find at least an upper for the RMC. I might come and watch some of the long range. Some people may laugh but you can have a lot of fun just watching. Let me get my service rifle togather and then I will get something for the long range.

you can learn a ton just by having casual conversations with most of these folks glad you had a good time. i did my first one a few weeks ago and cant wait for the next one.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

It was a lot of fun shooting with you. It was obvious that you have had plenty of quality time behind the buttplate of a service rifle. They are probably still cleaning up the rust that flaked off of you and you left behind.

Are you serious about shooting 1000 yards with an M1A? Too bad the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association had to give up their assigned M14's to the Army a couple of years ago or you could get one on loan from them. You are probably looking at $3500 for a LR gas gun, custom built of course.

Anyway, I hope to see you on the range again sir.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sometimes Precision Shooting will have an article about Highpower. Usually the October issue will cover the Nationals at Camp Perry. That is about it, as far as I know.

There are several forums devoted to Highpower and long range shooting.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm in.

Shot the midrange AR Tactical division this weekend. So pleased with my mostly-stock Daniel Defense rifle. Rang up a 592-23x at the 3x600 with some unproven/untested 75gr and 80gr ELD loads. Wind picked up for the third string and I dropped five points in just that last string. Was feeling pretty good about a 199-8x and a 198-8x but I couldn't keep it together once the wind kicked up a little.

The only other time I shot was cut short due to rain, but I squeezed in a 200-14x at 300y before we packed it in. This was a mag length 73 ELD load that is surprisingly accurate (but slow-- about 2520 fps).

Midrange AR Tactical is a GREAT division. I love that I can show up with a scoped AR and a bipod and just shoot. No coat or gloves, none of all that specialty stuff. No special glasses to block your eyes like the Palma guys use.

Very weird that very few people shoot it. We had mostly F-class folks show up, a couple any/any and some Palma shooters. I was the only AR Tac shooter.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Hohn, my thoughts seem tobe very close to yours about this. I'm going to try and get a midrange ar tactical event or two under my belt this year.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I'm in.

Shot the midrange AR Tactical division this weekend. So pleased with my mostly-stock Daniel Defense rifle. Rang up a 592-23x at the 3x600 with some unproven/untested 75gr and 80gr ELD loads. Wind picked up for the third string and I dropped five points in just that last string. Was feeling pretty good about a 199-8x and a 198-8x but I couldn't keep it together once the wind kicked up a little.

The only other time I shot was cut short due to rain, but I squeezed in a 200-14x at 300y before we packed it in. This was a mag length 73 ELD load that is surprisingly accurate (but slow-- about 2520 fps).

Midrange AR Tactical is a GREAT division. I love that I can show up with a scoped AR and a bipod and just shoot. No coat or gloves, none of all that specialty stuff. No special glasses to block your eyes like the Palma guys use.

Very weird that very few people shoot it. We had mostly F-class folks show up, a couple any/any and some Palma shooters. I was the only AR Tac shooter.

That's a VERY good score for a 12" 10-ring at 600 yards. Proves a lot about the capability of the shooter, and confirms that the rifle doesn't exactly suck, either!

Don't you feel a TON better about the capability of that rifle, having spent good time and money to get GREAT data on it at full distance?

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    That's a VERY good score for a 12" 10-ring at 600 yards. Proves a lot about the capability of the shooter, and confirms that the rifle doesn't exactly suck, either!

Thanks for confirming exactly what I told him Nate. The usual case for a shooter on their first trip to 600, regardless of with a sling, bipod, or rest, is not a high master score.

I keep telling him he needs a good 10-15 mph day to really get a taste of wind, and a good sunny day to see how mirage can be used along with/in place of wind flags. I'm sure Atterbury will provide both at some point this year.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks for confirming exactly what I told him Nate. The usual case for a shooter on their first trip to 600, regardless of with a sling, bipod, or rest, is not a high master score.

I keep telling him he needs a good 10-15 mph day to really get a taste of wind, and a good sunny day to see how mirage can be used along with/in place of wind flags. I'm sure Atterbury will provide both at some point this year.

Yessir, I am nearly certain it will.

Make sure you guys come out for the ISRPA Governor's Match coming up in early June!

I will be there, calling the line, and/or pouring lemonade and running a laptop, so ya'll can come introduce, and throw hot casings at me from the firing line. :D

-Nate

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Looks like Saturday is out for me at ISRPA regionals. Wedding duties for friends.

I’m going to try to make Sunday.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Yessir, I am nearly certain it will.

Make sure you guys come out for the ISRPA Governor's Match coming up in early June!

I will be there, calling the line, and/or pouring lemonade and running a laptop, so ya'll can come introduce, and throw hot casings at me from the firing line. :D

-Nate

I'll be there for it and the leg match. Hopefully we get 16 non-distinguished to show up, and my leg monkey stays home. I need my last 8 points to wrap this thing up.

Top Bottom