• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Fan duct in Autodesk. So I figured start with a cone and go from there. Spent 30m trying to figure out how to make a cone. Help shows this.

2017-02-17_1633.png

Yeah, so I don't understand any of that. Looking for some video lessons.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Fan duct in Autodesk. So I figured start with a cone and go from there. Spent 30m trying to figure out how to make a cone. Help shows this.

2017-02-17_1633.png

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

2017-02-17_1633.png

I did figure out what the screw should be (to late though) My boys printer uses a M3 .5 thread and the ones for mine are M4 .7

If you want to just get up and tinkering check out tinkercad.com I is a good starting point to just get going. Then learn Autodesk as you go.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    2nd printer up and runs, kinda. Really bad results, just tried to move a 20mm calibration cube from my computer to and sd card but the printer does not print the code like it is supposed to. Oh and the fact that EVERY sd reader ever made sucks.

I dont have computer hooked up this one and its a pain.

My vertical beams have a little play in them I need to fix that.

[video=youtube;M8lEGMFTHoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8lEGMFTHoo[/video]

That's awesome!

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Give a man a 3d printer to make fish, and feed him for life! :D

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's awesome!

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Give a man a 3d printer to make fish, and feed him for life! :D

You gotta get a printer Robby!! As you can see they are a blast! I have had so much fun. So has Sailor. I know you would do well with it! If you want to build a printer like his setup I would give you the aluminum rail for the frame. You would need the hardware, brackets and electronics. That printer he has a nice solid little printer. it is the metal framed version of my boys printer. They are nice printers, and the metal frame like that is much nicer.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    So this filament does print ok, its just that new little printer at work that needs tweaked.

Little led tea light holder printed in spiral mode. No cooling needed, good thing I dont have any at the moment.

2017-02-18_1115.png

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So this filament does print ok, its just that new little printer at work that needs tweaked.

Little led tea light holder printed in spiral mode. No cooling needed, good thing I dont have any at the moment.

2017-02-18_1115.png

That came out awesome.

I am playing with the extuder steps. Harry pointed out that his was off. With a 100mm feed it would only push about 85mm. He adjusted his to make up for the 15mm. So we checked mine and it was closer to 17mm short! I am printing a 20mm test cube at the moment, Then I will print a Benchy to see what it looks like. I don't have a fan on it either. So I expect it to drop a few strands when bridging. I will post some pictures in a bit.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    More PET-G goodness. Well kinda good. Having trouble getting the settings right enough for standalone supports to stick to the bed with out lifting and actually removing supports. This stuff sticks together so well removal is a pain. I think I can get the main body to adhere well enough but a support pillar out on it own lifts off. Can not brim a support section that I know off. Maybe raft the whole thing.

2017-02-20_0922.png

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    More PET-G goodness. Well kinda good. Having trouble getting the settings right enough for standalone supports to stick to the bed with out lifting and actually removing supports. This stuff sticks together so well removal is a pain. I think I can get the main body to adhere well enough but a support pillar out on it own lifts off. Can not brim a support section that I know off. Maybe raft the whole thing.

Looking pretty good to me! As soon as I get my machine enclosed I am going to give it a try with some ABS. I haven't picked up some PETG to try. Coming soon...

I have had the machine apart for the last few days changing things around. Moving the X axis motor to the other side of the machine. This required a bit of rewiring. I have the wiring pretty much done the way, I like it. I added an extension on the side of the frame so I can enclose it easier.

And I needed to make different brackets for the Z axis lead screw nuts. I had to change them enough to clear the X axis pulley. I made them taller. I an pondering another bracket change. This one would add Z axis travel. I am about 255mm travel, I could gain 25-30 mm with a slightly different design. Maybe later on we will do it.

[video]https://youtu.be/WxBX0PBfa0M[/video]

More tp come later....

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Looks great Larry!

Here are my support settings for PETG, I may decrease extra inflation to 1.25 it is really helpful to have some support stick out so you can grab it but too much and it will stick to the outside of your print. Upper vertical separation layers at 2 really helped getting the support to release.

2017-02-21_0640.png

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    Robby, I am Larry's friend, I have been running pla for a month now and never had a hiccup. It can be unforgiving though if your extruder fans quits, then yes it really plugs up,but other than that as long as you run it in the temp band it suggests no problem.

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    I use a regular piece of glass, sprayed occasionally with garnier fructis extreme control hair spray, and I mean like maybe 3 times a day on a busy day. I do not have any problems with parts not sticking, however you do not want to touch the bed with anything greasy or dirty but other than that no problem

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Larry do you have the all metal Pegasus 8? My vertical beams are not secure. I have to strip it all down and rework the little L brackets holding them up. This occurred during shipping.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Larry do you have the all metal Pegasus 8? My vertical beams are not secure. I have to strip it all down and rework the little L brackets holding them up. This occurred during shipping.

I have the wood framed version with the extruded rails for the Axis's.

The manual for the 8" Pegasus hows that there is a brace that runs from the top of the Vertical rail down to the back of the frame. It's shows it on both sides. Can you post a few pictures of the machine from the side and from the back. The STL files for the brackets for the brackets are on Makerfarm website. I have plenty of rail if you need it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Here are a few pictures of Harry1911's printer project. He is incorporating a PC in to the printer. He can design or modify something right there on the machine or access and control the machine from any other PC on the net work. His machine as just ran flawless from the get go! He will be putting side covers on the machine shortly. And we both are working on different print cooling ideals. It is currently using the last one I made. It is hard to see what is happening when it is printing around the cooler. We both liked the nozzle ideal up thread. We are looking at ways of coming up with it.

Both our machines are works in progress. We are having a good time seeing what they can do and how far we can push them.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Holy Cow, I still dont have a proper cooling fan and look at that!

You gotto go water cooled now that you have tricked that thing out that much.

I could not find any pics of diag braces for the Peg 8, I see that they are sold though. I found a pick for the Peg 10 black bracing and rails.

I will pick some up, need a BL touch anyhow.

Mine looks exactly like the pics on the sales website for Peg 8. Only wood is for lcd mounts ramps and misc. frame is metal.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Holy Cow, I still dont have a proper cooling fan and look at that!

You gotto go water cooled now that you have tricked that thing out that much.

I could not find any pics of diag braces for the Peg 8, I see that they are sold though. I found a pick for the Peg 10 black bracing and rails.

I will pick some up, need a BL touch anyhow.

Mine looks exactly like the pics on the sales website for Peg 8. Only wood is for lcd mounts ramps and misc. frame is metal.

It might have been the 10 that I was looking at. The brackets should be the same or close. PM me your address and we will get you some rail out in the mail.

Top Bottom