• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Luckily, I don’t have time for racing, ‘cause I am competitive at an unhealthy level. Just wanna have fun on some back roads and scare my friends and relatives.

Sounds like a great plan to have some serious fun. I have at times let the competitive nature take it to an unhealthy level too. That is one of the reasons we run what we do. It's a once a month deal, so it helps keep things in check.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Our camaro was good to 6.40/9.90 with the safety gear and licenses we had. We needed a window net and Halo bar to go faster (legally anyway) and the next level license. If we felt the need to turn it loose we went nostalgia racing or went to a looser ran NHRA track like Terre Haute. We could go flat out at those shows.

I understand completely. We exceeded our chassis cert 4.50/7.50 back in 2011. We were at IRP for a TnT night. Left the line and knew it was on a good run. The car is only geared for 1/8th mile but stayed in it a little long. Started tickling the rev limiter @ 1,000ft so let out and coasted through the traps for a 7.42. Good times

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Nuthin' like sliding sideways with full opposite wheel lock cleanly thru a fast sweeper and coming out of it near full throttle heading for the next one. . . . .:drool:

I have burned through some corners in customers cars in the past. But never pushed them that hard to have them completely sideways. Sounds like fun though

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was going threw some old pics and came across these. This was my baby. 1968 Camaro. I bought it around 89 I think. I had it a long time. I stripped it down to a shell. New floors, previous owner had done rear quarters. I ran several engine/transmission combos over the years. Everything from a 327/350th with a tunnel ram and 2 390 Holley's To a 400/400 combo. 12 bolt posi and a 2500rmp stall converter. I had a blast with it right up till the tornado that came threw in 2001 and laid a tree across it. :-( My family & house was spared so I am not gonna *****. These pics are from about a year before it was crushed. I have those pics somewhere. They are very hard to look at.

It was apart probably 5 years of 10-11 years I had it. It was stupid fast.

A younger less gray and thinner me:

I miss the old gal. She was a lot of fun. I got a lot of good memories of me and a buddy of mine working on it and taking it to shows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1911ly - good looking Camero. Not knocking it at all but why did you have the rear tires hanging so far outside the quarter panels?

That was really the only way to get some meat under them in the day. It was pretty common.
    Mini-tub work was not as popular as it is now.

I bet you are sad it is gone my friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom