Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.....best I can find is the 4 bolt 350 Vortec was 96/00 and mainly found in the Chevy Express van series. Also Tahoes burbans and 3/4 ton and up trucks with 4 wheel drive. These were the roller motors.
    Looking at the pics that is a roller engine so Bingo. Better freaking buy it.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    OK.....best I can find is the 4 bolt 350 Vortec was 96/00 and mainly found in the Chevy Express van series. Also Tahoes burbans and 3/4 ton and up trucks with 4 wheel drive. These were the roller motors.
    Looking at the pics that is a roller engine so Bingo. Better freaking buy it.

oh i don't need it just post for some who might be looking.....great info though....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My new hot rod. 550 hp and 2050 ft lbs of torque. It pulls so much better! Now if they hadn't ordered the motherf'n auto shift, I'd be real happy.
    wdoyCVU.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    What’s the deal with grudge racers? I watch 1320Vidoes on YouTube all the time. I would caution against checking out their channel unless you’ve got a lot of time to kill, cause it’s awesome. But anyway, most of the time they ask guys what they’re running and they’ll pop the hood and give them a full rundown. Then you get the grudge race guys that never open their hood and won’t give a single detail about what they’re running. I didn’t think making horsepower was that big of a secret. :dunno:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What’s the deal with grudge racers? I watch 1320Vidoes on YouTube all the time. I would caution against checking out their channel unless you’ve got a lot of time to kill, cause it’s awesome. But anyway, most of the time they ask guys what they’re running and they’ll pop the hood and give them a full rundown. Then you get the grudge race guys that never open their hood and won’t give a single detail about what they’re running. I didn’t think making horsepower was that big of a secret. :dunno:

I'm guessing they like to sneak in with a bottle or a turbo or two and see who they can sucker in.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Well grudge racing really kinda plays off of street racing where you keep your cards close to the vest. You may share some info but you hold a lot back. Just because I invested the time and money to make my car fast doesn't mean I should educate you. On those videos often the only reason they pop the hoods and show off what they have is to keep veiwers drawn in. I race at a track and the car was built for heads up racing. At the track everyone can mostly see what you have but even then most of us don't freely share all our info. We will often help each other but we all have secrets. Two types of grudge racing. On the street you basically either you want to run or you don't. Don't expect any info exchange just agree to the rules, put your money up and run. At a grudge event at a track it's basically like a class race you can see what is in the open and that's it. Usually they only use the stage lights on the tree, no yellows just get on the trans brake and wait for the instant green light, first to the stripe wins. And you only get your half of the time slip, and no times are shown on the boards.
    In a nutshell... Run whatchya brung and hope you brung enough!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man you are young. When we ran the streets (easy on the old jokes....you are going to need me) the hoods never came up for any reason except for friends.
    Sometimes we would show and tell but if in enemy territory no way Jose. My son was watching the 1st fast and furious. Douche bag walks up and lifts the hood.....That would be death. He would have been knocked dead out as he reached for the latch.
    You dont lean on my fender unless you have red hair green eyes and all the rest of the equipment. You damn sure do not touch the hood latch. Just not gonna happen.

I did have a 65 Goat with a Tri power 427 in it. I put the round poncho air cleaners on the tri power and to the average joe with just a glance (yes we painted it blue.....sacrilege.....they almost to a man said "389" huh. I always just nodded and proceeded to take their money. Beyond that the hood stayed down unless you bought the right to see it. That was after I took the cash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom