• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you spent the time/money on a crank trigger 8 coil ignition with an ecu and a nice new Holly injection unit you would be amazed at the difference.

Faster.....by a noticeable degree I am sure but the liner acceleration from injection and an ignition with a brain is just freaking amazing.

But then you loose the rock Ape driving experience that is part of old school muscle.

Truth here. I installed an MSD distributor and brain box on the Gal several months ago and just the ignition upgrade made a huge difference in the car. I'd thought about some type of electronic injection for it then settled on the old school look of the tri power. Not sure if I'll have time to get it running this winter or not though.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If you spent the time/money on a crank trigger 8 coil ignition with an ecu and a nice new Holly injection unit you would be amazed at the difference.

Faster.....by a noticeable degree I am sure but the liner acceleration from injection and an ignition with a brain is just freaking amazing.

But then you loose the rock Ape driving experience that is part of old school muscle.

Maybe this spring I will bring it down with a credit card and leave it with you for a couple weeks.

I have a Holley 750 on it and I know it is not dialed in properly. Plus, I do not believe I am getting full throttle. I think I am going to need somesort of Lokar carb linkage kit. This summer got away from me, plus this is my first Holley. I always ran Edelbrocks on all my other Mopars.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-76750bl/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe this spring I will bring it down with a credit card and leave it with you for a couple weeks.

I have a Holley 750 on it and I know it is not dialed in properly. Plus, I do not believe I am getting full throttle. I think I am going to need somesort of Lokar carb linkage kit. This summer got away from me, plus this is my first Holley. I always ran Edelbrocks on all my other Mopars.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-76750bl/

Easy to see about the throttle.
    Is it mechanical or vacuum secondary. There is a process involved for either platform.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A little pricey but does have a lot of work done already.

00Q0Q_cXxzkpDbTPT_1200x900.jpg

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/d/monrovia-85-mustang-dragcar-project/7033065465.html

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty rough. Lots and lots left to do.
    Pricey.

Sure has lots left to do and doesn't have any of the major parts aside from suspension parts and what looks like used brakes. It's close to a reasonable price I think. Buta again would require some serious dedication to get it finished. My Fox body is of similar build style being mini tubbed with stock style suspension but has lots of additional bracing. Problem with these cars is there are just so many out there in various levels of "racecar" that the market is saturated. Costs twice as much to build one as it does to buy one ready to drop in a powertrain and go race. I need to spend some time working on mine

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sure has lots left to do and doesn't have any of the major parts aside from suspension parts and what looks like used brakes. It's close to a reasonable price I think. Buta again would require some serious dedication to get it finished. My Fox body is of similar build style being mini tubbed with stock style suspension but has lots of additional bracing. Problem with these cars is there are just so many out there in various levels of "racecar" that the market is saturated. Costs twice as much to build one as it does to buy one ready to drop in a powertrain and go race. I need to spend some time working on mine

I've counseled many people to take this advice because it's VERY true. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of not following my own advice.:n00b:

Agreed that you can't buy the parts much less the labor he has in this thing for what he's asking but in this condition he's pushing it. Hell my own racecar project is probably only sellable for 10% what I have in it. Once it's rolling I might get lucky and see a selling price around 40-50% of what I'll have in it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I've counseled many people to take this advice because it's VERY true. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of not following my own advice.:n00b:

Agreed that you can't buy the parts much less the labor he has in this thing for what he's asking but in this condition he's pushing it. Hell my own racecar project is probably only sellable for 10% what I have in it. Once it's rolling I might get lucky and see a selling price around 40-50% of what I'll have in it.

Hard telling how much I’ve lost messing with cars. Honestly don’t want to know.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    A green 1971 Formula 400 still haunts the street down here same owner since the 80’s.

On a summer night about 1985 a fight broke out at the local street races dude from Kentucky with a silver 68 GTO loss to the Formula. It was a $50.00 race I was holding the money Kentucky dude missed a gear and wanted to go double or nothing.
    Firebird wasn’t interested guy from Kentucky threw full beer at the firebird’s owner that hit the Firebird in the hood then sped off !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A green 1971 Formula 400 still haunts the street down here same owner since the 80’s.

On a summer night about 1985 a fight broke out at the local street races dude from Kentucky with a silver 68 GTO loss to the Formula. It was a $50.00 race I was holding the money Kentucky dude missed a gear and wanted to go double or nothing.
    Firebird wasn’t interested guy from Kentucky threw full beer at the firebird’s owner that hit the Firebird in the hood then sped off !

Yup. Sore looser's abound. Sissy's and Nancy boys.

Karma usually comes around and squares things up.

You could get a 400 to run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom