• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I love my ex cruiser. 03 crown vic. I've got 150k on it now. Bought it with 90k on it. I did do some custom work to it. Mustang intake, throttle body, cold air kit, cams, bigger injectors, and a computer tune for the engine. Traction lok carrier with 3.73 gears. Muffler delete, trans shift kit, and a few other mods as well. Other than the usual stuff, I've had to replace the fuel tank due to rot. Now the Indiana weather is taking its toll on the body, but I'll drive her into the ground.

She's a hoot to drive. Can drift her around corners when I want and outrun most pre-coyote mustangs.

As far as cam changes go, the videos I’ve seen of the 2V’s don’t actually look that bad to do.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As far as cam changes go, the videos I’ve seen of the 2V’s don’t actually look that bad to do.

Yeah. It's a fairly easy process in the cars. Plenty of room to work. Passanger side a little tight, but not horrible. Trucks, with the cab forward design, were a pretty decent pain in the a** though.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah. It's a fairly easy process in the cars. Plenty of room to work. Passanger side a little tight, but not horrible. Trucks, with the cab forward design, were a pretty decent pain in the a** though.

Unfortunately there’s just not much n/a power to be made with the 4.6 mod motors. The PI heads are better than non-PI but still, good aftermarket heads are spendy. The 32V’s absolutely have a leg up in the n/a department, but boost is the only way to go if you’re really trying to make some stink with those.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I saw bobzilla’s bday is today too. Congrats! :ingo:
    I got you by 10 years. I ordered brake parts for the One Lap Hyundai yesterday. Happy birthday and christmas and New Years to me. I love parts bin upgrades. 2004-05 XG350 dual piston calipers and rotors are a bolt on for the Tib. Gives me a 12” front rotor 1.15” thick over the stock 10.9” x 1” rotor and single piston calipers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Unfortunately there’s just not much n/a power to be made with the 4.6 mod motors. The PI heads are better than non-PI but still, good aftermarket heads are spendy. The 32V’s absolutely have a leg up in the n/a department, but boost is the only way to go if you’re really trying to make some stink with those.

I remember a guy running mid 9s with a na 2v 4.6 In a stang. I'm sure he had a ton of money in it, but to run 9s your going to have a boatload in it no matter what engine your running

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I remember a guy running mid 9s with a na 2v 4.6 In a stang. I'm sure he had a ton of money in it, but to run 9s your going to have a boatload in it no matter what engine your running

I don’t know the guy, but I’d call bull on that. Max effort n/a 2V’s top out at 400-ish to the tire. He had some nitrous or something to be running 9’s.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Any reports on the Ford Taurus police cruisers? I see some of them listed as SHO/AWD.

Well they handle well enough and have plenty of power. Some are equipped with turbos, some aren't. The ones IMPD has aren't. The AWD is good, only drawback to it is the PTU( transfer case) only hold 12 oz of fluid so if it starts to leak its toast. Water pumps like to fail and are driven by the timing chain. Book time on a water pump is 12 hours..I know a guy at a dealer that can do it in about 7 hours. Catalytic converters seem to wear out fast but are much cheaper than most but a bit of a PITA..not horrible if you have a lift. Brakes are huge and very efficient. To replace an alternator you pretty much have to suck down the AC and remove the compressor to get it out...quite the puzzle. Doors have travel limiters and don't open very wide and as a bigger guy or tall guy it sucks getting in and out. Not bad once inside though. Timing covers and transmissions like to leak on some repeatedly and only use silicone no gaskets. Fun to drive though you can push them hard and it will take it in stride

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I rode in a friends newer Camaro last weekend. V-6. 305 HP. I will have to humbly admit it was a hoot to roll out in. He did not let me drive it. Something something not wanting it broken something something.....:):

My rep proceeds me.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That would be good.

I know my wifes Hemi Ram would smoke my Bee. I am not taking anything away from the Bee. . well maybe a little, some of these newer cars/trucks are just impressive.

If you spent the time/money on a crank trigger 8 coil ignition with an ecu and a nice new Holly injection unit you would be amazed at the difference.

Faster.....by a noticeable degree I am sure but the liner acceleration from injection and an ignition with a brain is just freaking amazing.

But then you loose the rock Ape driving experience that is part of old school muscle.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom