Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup for now. I love them stock, lots of unique stuff. I’ll go through the brakes, suspension, freshen the engine, and turn it into a daily driver for next summer. Guy I got it from was planning on super stock racing it so the center floor is cut out to make room for a trans and driveshaft.

Did he save the cut out...???

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Got scared. Now I'm good. Heads showed up Sat while I was auto-x'ing. Truck was NOT happy Saturday. Apparently 95* air temps, plus hot lapping and not spacer on the carb makes carb very unhappy. Hard as hell starting, breaking up while flogging and temps pushing 220-230. Still, it was a hoot. lots of sideways action, most controlled. makes racecar noises. All in all good. Until I got home. started pushing the shifter out of 4th and 2nd on decel. Realized it was pushing hard into the seat... never done that before. One of the trans mount bolts decided it was no longer happy and left the premises. Allowed the trans mount to shift enough along with the totally trashed engine mounts to push the trans about an inch rearward. So sunday I took the wife's car with AC, bluetooth music and cruise.

How'd you do on Saturday?
    I finally got in my first DRY Auto-x event. A little different when the ground is dry lol
    I'll go ahead and join in the foray on this. I've got a 92 Foxbody with a stock 302 and 5 speed. Only mods are an intake, exhaust, subframe connectors, and coil springs from Maximum Motorsports. Ran a 14.3 in the quarter mile on crappy $50 Tiger Paws.
    The Mustang is hauled to events, mostly autocross, by an 05 F350 with a 12 Valve compound turbo Cummins making over 600 to the wheels. I run 60lbs+ of boost because I like to party.
    I'm looking to make the Mustang a little faster, by way of forced induction. Trying to get it turbo'd for cheap. Like, $1,000 cheap. Everything will be DIY. I have built 2 compound turbo setups for the 12 Valve (one on my old Dodge, and another for the F350). The entire car will be DIY. And since it was totaled last year, I don't quite care how it looks lol. Sleepers have always been my thing, anyway.

wNmKpzk.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Saturday was decent. Carb was unhappy about the 100+* grid air temps. Truck was just right loose. It turned with the throttle on command which was nice. driver was a moron and spun his first and last runs. Sunday took the wife’s car after the bolt disappeared and did fine there too. We were about a second behind the HS car. Considering he was a mini in re71’s and the forte was wearing 500tw kumhonall seasons I’d say we were in the ballpark. It did it’s best Subaru impression (tires howling every turn)

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I wanted to go on Sunday, too. But had to work at the church, so I decided to hit the range afterward to make up for lost track-time lol
    My wife actually expressed interest in racing a couple events... I was very surprised, yet excited to hear that.
    However, she currently drives a Juke and it sounds like they're not the most "approved" car in the auto-x universe. Wish I could get her to be comfortable with a 5-speed :/

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Eventually. Hoping next year to be on 18x9.5 and 285/40’s. Front end needs more tire.
    You might have to try harder. I'm looking into something stickier than the Tiger Paws lol. Though, if I end up with forced induction, all the tire in the world won't save me from a heavy foot.
    We'll have to see. I'm looking forward to the Speedrome event. Much closer to home than Grissom.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    My understanding is that it's a regular points event. Just not at Grissom. Same as what the State Fairgrounds event was supposed to be before it was "lightning'ed" out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom