• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is horribly hard to read, and the software I'm using I'm not sure if I can change the colors around or not. Pretty sure I'm going to switch to something else....
    At any rate, there are three data points. RPM, HEGO 1, and HEGO 2.
    RPM is red, idling around 700rpm.
    HEGO 1 is green and is at 0.772 at the point that I have selected in the image (it's a high-point in the slope)
    HEGO 2 is blue and is at 0.468 at the same point, which is also a high point.

So it's kind of interesting to me. The voltage references are entirely different, but they seem to be real close in slope. IE, when HEGO 1 is up, so is HEGO 2. I am noticing that HEGO 1 (green) seems to stay up and have more of a plateau, whereas HEGO 2 (blue) will instantly peak and go back down, then come back up during HEGO 1's peak.

I'm so new to this that I'm not really sure how to best understand what is going on. They both seem to work and do their job, but they do it differently? I haven't the slightest clue if this is any indication of anything going on within the engine or not.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

The first thing I'd do is swap the sensors from side-to-side and see if the behavior changes banks or stays the same. I'd also want to take a look at injector duty cycle to see if there's a correlation there between the O2 data and the amount of fuel being commanded. What that graph is showing is that one side of the engine is running richer than the other. Could be an issue, could just be the nature of your particular fuel system at idle and nothing to really worry about, could be an exhaust leak. :dunno:

Taking a data log while driving normally should confirm or deny that as only an idle issue caused by some small gremlin if all of the parts themselves seem to be OK.

And... If I'm not mistaken, aren't you running a piggyback ECM on your Mustang, so it's not OBD2? That may complicate your trouble shooting.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The first thing I'd do is swap the sensors from side-to-side and see if the behavior changes banks or stays the same. I'd also want to take a look at injector duty cycle to see if there's a correlation there between the O2 data and the amount of fuel being commanded. What that graph is showing is that one side of the engine is running richer than the other. Could be an issue, could just be the nature of your particular fuel system at idle and nothing to really worry about, could be an exhaust leak. :dunno:

Taking a data log while driving normally should confirm or deny that as only an idle issue caused by some small gremlin if all of the parts themselves seem to be OK.

And... If I'm not mistaken, aren't you running a piggyback ECM on your Mustang, so it's not OBD2? That may complicate your trouble shooting.
    Technically it's a piggyback ECM? It's a chip that hooks into the stock ECU and allows me to make adjustments to the tune on the fly. It's also how the log is taken. So I have direct access to what is going on within that ECU, even in real time. I think I need to get a different software, though. Which is only like $100, I'm just not sure if I'm gonna switch yet or not.
    I'll probably switch those O2 sensors around after I get the truck finished up.

Currently taking the compounds off, going to a single turbo, fixing the front crank seal leak, and I guess fixing a leak that popped up at the oil cooler gasket.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    CarScoops: GM Doesn’t Seem Too Upset With China’s Corvette C1 Knockoff.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/chevrolet-doesnt-seem-too-upset-with-chinas-corvette-c1-knockoff/

Really interesting.

That thing is Horrid.

I can see why many manufacturers don't pursue intellectual property claims in Chinese courts when their industry blatantly copies other companies' products; I wonder how much Land Rover spent to get a worthless injunction in a country where they regularly turn a blind eye to using others' designs, or, sometimes, secretly stealing from companies and universities, sometimes with a wink and a nod (if not assistance and approval) from the government?

As CM notes, this thing is ugly. It is a thinly veiled ripoff, changed just enough from the original to avoid an easy IP ripoff claim and to play to their market.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Got some work in the truck done today. New plug wires, burn sleeves and a pcv valve. Runs on all 8 again. Put sone fresh fuel in it and it was running well by the time it got back home. Smokes a lot though still outta the right bank. Probably going to have to pull that had this winter to check it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, we figured out all the issues with the caddy and all are related to the basements Mayor Hog-nuts did not build houses over that are all along our city streets.
    I sourced a nice Re-Mann wheel today. Ordered. $175 shipped.
    Found after market set of rear air shocks that directly match/replace the existing AC Delco units for 1/3rd the price along with the compressor. $460 shipped.
    I will have to source the air line set locally. That will be another $150 bill.

The car is well worth fixing. After the throttle body and accessory's were serviced it runs really well.

Car payments or repair costs. Pick your poison.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Has anyone here ever used Dykem on a brake rotors to check for pad contact. My brother has an 08 Grand Prix where the brake pads only appear to be making contact on outer 1/3 of rotor. New rotors and pads and caliper hardware. Also complains of a rythmic chirping sound, but I think most of that is from the rear discs in need of replacement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Has anyone here ever used Dykem on a brake rotors to check for pad contact. My brother has an 08 Grand Prix where the brake pads only appear to be making contact on outer 1/3 of rotor. New rotors and pads and caliper hardware. Also complains of a rythmic chirping sound, but I think most of that is from the rear discs in need of replacement.

Are the pads binding in the mounts.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Someone has him convinced that the calipers are pushing on them unevenly and he is insistent on buying new calipers at just over $100/piece. I have never experienced something like that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom