• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just tell thunderchicken it’s some kind new modular Ford design. Needs a turbo to be complete.

GET THE F____ OUTTA HERE! LOL. Ok seriously witha tune in it, it would be a runner. Either add a turbo or some spray and she would haul the mail out the back door. Price is great, you couldn't build it for the asking price. I didn't see anything about a cage or roll bar, hope it has one for track purposes. Otherwise great deal. I have close to that in parts for my Foxbody aka racecar in boxes. Much the same parts too...except that abomination of an engine lol.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    GET THE F____ OUTTA HERE! LOL. Ok seriously witha tune in it, it would be a runner. Either add a turbo or some spray and she would haul the mail out the back door. Price is great, you couldn't build it for the asking price. I didn't see anything about a cage or roll bar, hope it has one for track purposes. Otherwise great deal. I have close to that in parts for my Foxbody aka racecar in boxes. Much the same parts too...except that abomination of an engine lol.

I'm with thunder chicken.
    It clearly deserves a turbo Barra

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah, Coop is not a very good driver either. If i was him i would pretty much just fine tune it and learn to drive it. Hopefully he don't try to keep up with Cleet

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I guess I'm surprised that the stock block can hold that much boost. What does a stock LS max out at (reliably at least for a race car)?

These imports seem to be running a decent amount of psi above our american V8's.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I guess I'm surprised that the stock block can hold that much boost. What does a stock LS max out at (reliably at least for a race car)?

These imports seem to be running a decent amount of psi above our american V8's.

Iron block LS stuff can easily hold four digit power with the right internals and hardware.

Import stuff has to run high boost and rpm because they don’t have the cubes.

It’s like anything else race engine related. Yeah 35psi or whatever on a 2JZ will make 1,000hp, 35psi on an LSX 427 will make 1600+hp. Most of Cleetus and James stuff runs in the mid 20’s for boost pressure, and they’re also going low 8’s.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think Super Chevy ran a 237k mile, gen 3 6.0l iron block with stock internals, not stock heads to almost 1500hp at 28lbs boost before a rod let loose.

In theory a NA engine is running on 14.5lbs(approximate) atmospheric pressure, so adding 14.5lbs of boost will theoretically double the output.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Memories.........
    We placed in the money both cars the day we took this pic.
    uW6rUre.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom