Not open for further replies.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    For you mouse man. Just got done doing little bit of work to this. Yes I do fit and yes it's a lot of fun to drive.

Is that a 1969 or so ? I have a 1966 ? Sprite buried in my garage somewhere. No pics it's a "project".
    Oh, I know you know. But don't trash the Greenie's original radio. They have gotten pricey. Working or not.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Is that a 1969 or so ? I have a 1966 ? Sprite buried in my garage somewhere. No pics it's a "project".
    Oh, I know you know. But don't trash the Greenie's original radio. They have gotten pricey. Working or not.

Wont be trashing the original radio. Last one I saw in untested condition was $300+...

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ha.....now for the only question that relates......"Why"........:):

This is a truck from the show RoadKill on the MotorTrend YouTube channel. However they have that new MotorTrend on demand channel now where the episods air sooner than YouTube. They do and build all sorts of crazy things.

Mike Finnegan is one of the hosts, he works for MotorTrend and also builds jet Boats. They mess with the Jet boats every once and a while. one episode the pulled mikes boat to the lake, pulled the motor out of the hot rod chevy truck and put it in the boat then back into the truck to go home. This mini truck they got purchased with a covair transaxle setup that sort of looks like a v drive boat setup.
    21-roadkill-rear-engine-mazda-olds-455.jpg

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    As soon as I saw your post (Before reading it) I knew that was a Bull. Damn fine bikes.

There are a handful of Bulls that race the Vintage series at Marion County, pretty awesome to watch. They also have an Indian series with 7 Indian Arrows that are all owned by one guy.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Received our replacement radio for the roadrunner today. The original 8-track is kinda pointless to put in this particular car. If it was a complete numbers matching build, the 8-track seems rather rare. The new radio is a reproduction of the AM/FM, but this one is all electronic and is WAY smaller. Has blue tooth, AV jacks and 3.5mm jack. Way cool.

I have wondered about how good those new radios were. I have seen them in a couple of catalogues and was looking at one for my 67 C10. I has an old Jensen or something my uncle stuffed in it. Luckily he didn't have any way to cut the dash so it is still intact.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Received our replacement radio for the roadrunner today. The original 8-track is kinda pointless to put in this particular car. If it was a complete numbers matching build, the 8-track seems rather rare. The new radio is a reproduction of the AM/FM, but this one is all electronic and is WAY smaller. Has blue tooth, AV jacks and 3.5mm jack. Way cool.

I took the 8 track out of mine and replaced it, you're right keeping it in the car just seemed a waste.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Do not recognize the power plant. 3 exhaust ports.....????

Just for the reminder, Studebaker V8's had three exhaust ports also. And Offenhauser made over sized valve covers for them.

They must have been pretty good engines. They stayed together when ordered with a factory option centrifugal blower.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just for the reminder, Studebaker V8's had three exhaust ports also. And Offenhauser made over sized valve covers for them.

They must have been pretty good engines. They stayed together when ordered with a factory option centrifugal blower.

Thats right. Friends older brother used to have at least 2 Studies at any given time. They were cheap and available. Ran like stink. Transmissions were a bit soft in them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom