• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Anybody do the swap meet in Louisville this weekend? We went down yesterday and was there about 4 hours. A coworker went with and he was impressed with how big it was, of course he's only been to the one here in Indy. This is actually the smallest of the two I'm familiar with down there, the spring show typically covers 3 buildings and has about 100 vehicles for sale outside in a special lot. They had a neat gasser 64 falcon that would look cool anywhere but as is typical most of the cars were WAY overpriced! I was looking for a 9" pumpkin with posi and a high 3 gear set and never saw a single of any ratio. Oh well the all Ford meet is coming up in 4 or 5 weeks, surely there'll be one there.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So I was driving around Indy today and spotted a sweet looking 64 Impala drop top peaking out of a carport. I got out to get a closer look and some old man came running out carrying a gun and told me to GET OFF HIS LAWN! Crazy some of the psychos you run across out there....

:p

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My 1966 C-10 is moving along. I'm at the point of getting the motor ready to put back in. The motor is a small block 327 with double hump heads. The heads do NOT have accessory holes. I'm looking for suggestions on mounting the alternator. I have the power steering pump on the driver side so I'm wanting to put alternator on passenger side. I'm running headers and will be running an A/C compressor by next summer.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 1966 C-10 is moving along. I'm at the point of getting the motor ready to put back in. The motor is a small block 327 with double hump heads. The heads do NOT have accessory holes. I'm looking for suggestions on mounting the alternator. I have the power steering pump on the driver side so I'm wanting to put alternator on passenger side. I'm running headers and will be running an A/C compressor by next summer.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I make my accessory mounts from other bracketry.
    Does it have the short nose pump on it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anybody do the swap meet in Louisville this weekend? We went down yesterday and was there about 4 hours. A coworker went with and he was impressed with how big it was, of course he's only been to the one here in Indy. This is actually the smallest of the two I'm familiar with down there, the spring show typically covers 3 buildings and has about 100 vehicles for sale outside in a special lot. They had a neat gasser 64 falcon that would look cool anywhere but as is typical most of the cars were WAY overpriced! I was looking for a 9" pumpkin with posi and a high 3 gear set and never saw a single of any ratio. Oh well the all Ford meet is coming up in 4 or 5 weeks, surely there'll be one there.

I gave up on swap meets long ago. Those folks are in it to make a living not unlike gun shows.
    There are deals to be had but the time/energy to find them.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Alternator mounted drivers side on the Exhaust manifold...?????

It has has been in the shop for about three months so I don't remember much about the brackets. It was only in my possession for about a month before it went to the shop.

Here re is a picture of the motor before it was pulled out. Mechanic said the brackets were pretty much busted or cracked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has has been in the shop for about three months so I don't remember much about the brackets. It was only in my possession for about a month before it went to the shop.

Here re is a picture of the motor before it was pulled out. Mechanic said the brackets were pretty much busted or cracked.

%5BURL=http://s832.photobucket.com/user/gluemanz28/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04-24%2020.25.55_zpsaob6wkht.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz242/gluemanz28/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04-24%2020.25.55_zpsaob6wkht.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Linky no worky.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Works for me.

Well.....you have the long nosed late model pump with the bracket tabs for the alt. mount. The short pump does not have this.
    My 64 Impala 327 has the short pump and the Alt mounts off of the drivers side exhaust manifold over the PS pump.

If you have the room between the engine and the radiator go with the long pump and pulleys from a 350.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Branch Heads? When I get more time, I'll have to tell you the story of when I met the man, Jerry Branch. He gave me (just an enthusiastic kid at the time) a tour of his shop (dyno, flow bench, machine line) and treated me like I was his most important customer. This was ~1996 and he was THEE Man, when it came to Harley cylinder heads. Good stuff.

I kind of like this RH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^......Kind of.

Cobalt blue over silver with candy Tangerine stripes.
    I assisted in the lay out but admit to my short comings in things related.
    I did do all the Fabricating on the bike though.
    1984 Willy G FXR when I started.
    Extended it 5" over all. Made the mods to the fuel tank and we made the rear fender. We meaning my custom paint buddy. I made the mold from another fender and he laid it up. I got to do most of the sanding.
    Motor was a 98" stroker with Branch heads and an endless list of internal mods.
    Stupid fast pretty well covers this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom