Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everything sounds good except the wheels, you need to explain that the car is crying for Cragar 5 spokes and wide tires.:yesway:

He calls me "Pop's" if that is any indication as to my influence on him. No one listens to their "Pop's" anymore...:):

My 64 has 22"s on it. Bought it that way. They will not stay on the car when it comes out to be driven.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cars of that era just look right with Cragar 5 spokes and beefy tires. I get called "pops" as well, but they should remember that the car is from "pops" time.;)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cars of that era just look right with Cragar 5 spokes and beefy tires. i get called "pops" as well, but they should remember that the car is from "pops" time.;)

The crowd he rolls with has no concept of Pops cars.
    This is their world now. I just build them some nice drive trains.
    This will be his 1st stab at having some under hood grunt. He has had some show winning cars but factory drive lines. I will not give him any Nitrous access for a good period. If he sticks a fence or a pole in his initiation period I am pulling it off the car.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    DAEC2D27-0D2B-4D9E-95C8-2555AAF41BED_zpsaca5lu5e.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Granted the cars of my parents era had more personality, my generation cars started to lose their personality. But most of the new stuff that has been hitting the street not only has no personality but no flavor. Used to you could identity a car from a distance, but anymore I have to see the manf logo and read the model badge. I work with some guys that get into all the new cars and when they talk about them it sounds like they are reading from a sales brochure. I say bring back cars with flavor and what was so bad about a chrome bumper on something besides an occasional truck?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This has nothing to do with rolling resistance and more to do with a directional tire facing the wrong way which would only make it faster to hydroplane in the rain. :P

Purple was implied.

But to the directional tires...

Michilen has a super single for a semi truck drive tire. It's directional. According to Michilen, after 30,000 miles, it is ok to rotate them so they are on "backwards." Guess having 8,000 lbs on each tire helps it not hydroplane.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Purple was implied.

But to the directional tires...

Michilen has a super single for a semi truck drive tire. It's directional. According to Michilen, after 30,000 miles, it is ok to rotate them so they are on "backwards." Guess having 8,000 lbs on each tire helps it not hydroplane.

Dont run them tires backards BT. You don't wanna end up like this dude.

[video=youtube;D_25xSV_Gzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_25xSV_Gzg[/video]

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Everything sounds good except the wheels, you need to explain that the car is crying for Cragar 5 spokes and wide tires.:yesway:

5 spoke? how about Chrome reverse offset wheels with baby moons and narrow white walls?:cool: Each era has favorites, I actually enjoy them all. I have been surprised to see how much I like how the current generation has customized the 1960's to 1970's cars. Granted some look foolish and are impractical, but every era has some like that, all the way back to the chassis scraper lead sleds.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    5 spoke? how about Chrome reverse offset wheels with baby moons and narrow white walls?:cool: Each era has favorites, I actually enjoy them all. I have been surprised to see how much I like how the current generation has customized the 1960's to 1970's cars. Granted some look foolish and are impractical, but every era has some like that, all the way back to the chassis scraper lead sleds.

We have the deep dish chrome reverse with baby moons on the truck...love the way they look! I posted the link to Pete Pauslen's site in here a few days ago where we bought them. Hubby special ordered his because they didn't have as deep as he wanted as I recall.

Baby%20Blue.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom