• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The new Ruger sounds interesting to me for a plain old every day shooter. But, my next one will probably be a DW Razorback or maybe Valor in 10mm if I can scrape up enough cash. I've already alerted the wife to expect a major gun purchase come next spring when I hit my 55th bd.

Perfect present to yourself...:)

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I've got a Delta Elite and a RIA GI 10mm 1911 at home. And a couple S&W semi-auto's I just picked up at an auction. Can't wait to see how they shoot, I expect I'll enjoy the 1086 more than the 1076.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Here's my Smith and Wesson 610-3 with 3 7\8 inch barrel, non-fluted cylinder.
    20170401_094351-L.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wow. Didn't know you could get a 10 mm revolver.

I shoot a lot of 38-40 but that's not up to 10 mm power.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Wow. Didn't know you could get a 10 mm revolver.

I shoot a lot of 38-40 but that's not up to 10 mm power.

S&W made the 610 in 1990, don't know the last year of production. The things are like hens teeth and fetch a premium $. The no dash 5" barrel is the holy grail. They are interesting auctions to watch on GB.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    S&W made the 610 in 1990, don't know the last year of production. The things are like hens teeth and fetch a premium $. The no dash 5" barrel is the holy grail. They are interesting auctions to watch on GB.

Pretty much correct, the 5 inch commands a real premium however, the 3 inch it's the real holy grail. It was a very small run of 300 for Lew Horton. The last one I saw went for$2500 and I kick myself for not buying it.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Leadeye, This revolver is a convertable 38/40 and 10mm.

RugerBuckeye.JPG
    Here's a 610-1 in 6 inch unfluted.
    SW610-1.JPG

Here's one for the Springfield fans. Peter Stahl/Springfield Armory Omega
    OmegaVZa.JPG

apparently, major file size differences

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What is kind of depressing to me is I love the 10mm and probably my favorite 1911/2011 caliber to build, but all of mine have either been builds for other people or I have sold my custom builds.
    I love the round though.
    I am getting ready to start another custom 10mm Commander soon then after that I hope to start on a 2011 for myself

Here is my only 10mm at the moment, great gun but my customs shoot better :)

I am sorry but I really like the looks of that. It would go so well with my reverse two tone model.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am sorry but I really like the looks of that. It would go so well with my reverse two tone model.

I like the reverse two-tone. Sometimes I think I should just hold out for what I want.

When I first started getting the 10mm bug I wanted a sig p220 elite reverse two-tone. Had a hard time finding one at the time, and then I saw a RIA 1911 in 10mm for a lot less money. So I thought, well, it would probably be better to get something cheaper in 10mm to decide if I liked the round before sinking >$1K into a gun chambered in it. So I bought the RIA.

I like the RIA mostly. It runs okay. Just okay. But I really like 10mm, as it's become my favorite pistol round. And I'm pretty sure now that the sig would be a great gun in 10mm. So, now I'm back to having the bug for the sig. I don't regret the RIA. But if I had it to do over again with hindsight, I'd have held out for the sig I wanted in the first place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the reverse two-tone. Sometimes I think I should just hold out for what I want.

When I first started getting the 10mm bug I wanted a sig p220 elite reverse two-tone. Had a hard time finding one at the time, and then I saw a RIA 1911 in 10mm for a lot less money. So I thought, well, it would probably be better to get something cheaper in 10mm to decide if I liked the round before sinking >$1K into a gun chambered in it. So I bought the RIA.

I like the RIA mostly. It runs okay. Just okay. But I really like 10mm, as it's become my favorite pistol round. And I'm pretty sure now that the sig would be a great gun in 10mm. So, now I'm back to having the bug for the sig. I don't regret the RIA. But if I had it to do over again with hindsight, I'd have held out for the sig I wanted in the first place.

AllenM had 2 RIA's in 10mm and they were both very nicely made for the price point.

Top Bottom