• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like the reverse two-tone. Sometimes I think I should just hold out for what I want.

When I first started getting the 10mm bug I wanted a sig p220 elite reverse two-tone. Had a hard time finding one at the time, and then I saw a RIA 1911 in 10mm for a lot less money. So I thought, well, it would probably be better to get something cheaper in 10mm to decide if I liked the round before sinking >$1K into a gun chambered in it. So I bought the RIA.

I like the RIA mostly. It runs okay. Just okay. But I really like 10mm, as it's become my favorite pistol round. And I'm pretty sure now that the sig would be a great gun in 10mm. So, now I'm back to having the bug for the sig. I don't regret the RIA. But if I had it to do over again with hindsight, I'd have held out for the sig I wanted in the first place.
    I have done that several times, settle for something other than what I really wanted. It has never worked out for me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    AllenM had 2 RIA's in 10mm and they were both very nicely made for the price point.

Mine is finicky about feeding with non RIA mags and some ammo. But it runs well when I’m using the right combo. Generally the flatter the bullet nose, the less likely it will run well.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Mine is finicky about feeding with non RIA mags and some ammo. But it runs well when I’m using the right combo. Generally the flatter the bullet nose, the less likely it will run well.

Did you try a 22lb recoil spring? I had to put a new barrel in one to make it reliable

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    :drool:

Since 10mm is growing in popularity maybe Smith will start making them again.
    It has happened before. Smith and Wesson made the 610 from 1989 to 1992. Then due to lots of expressed interest, produced them again in 1998 until about 2004. It was discontinued from the Smith and Wesson catalog in 2005, but apparently they were also produced in 2008.
    Then in 2009 Smith made the 310 Nightguard, a 2 1/2 inch barrel, scandium framed revolver that is absolutely miserable to shoot. It was made for one year.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My 5 inch 610 no dash
    Screenshot_20170516-075552-M.png

Screenshot_20170516-075817-M.png

That's my dream girl right there. Fine pistol right there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It has happened before. Smith and Wesson made the 610 from 1989 to 1992. Then due to lots of expressed interest, produced them again in 1998 until about 2004. It was discontinued from the Smith and Wesson catalog in 2005, but apparently they were also produced in 2008.
    Then in 2009 Smith made the 310 Nightguard, a 2 1/2 inch barrel, scandium framed revolver that is absolutely miserable to shoot. It was made for one year.

I shall do my part to express interest then. It's such a good round, and gaining popularity, I'd really really like to see more manufacturers chambering interesting guns in 10mm. I'd also like to see the cost of ammo drop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you try a 22lb recoil spring? I had to put a new barrel in one to make it reliable

I haven't done any work on it. I've been deciding whether I want to sell it to help fund the Sig P220 or if I want to keep it and buy the Sig anyway. I'm kinda leaning towards the latter, because I do like it, and 1911s in general. And right now it's my only 1911. Okay. I think I just talked myself into keeping it. But then I'll probably want to have some work done on it at some point.

The problem as far as I can tell appears to be the feed ramp. The RIA mags seem to position the bullet high enough that when it goes into battery the bullet hits higher on the feed ramp. I have some Tripp mags that position the bullet a little lower, so the steepness of the feed ramp seems to matter more. With those mags I can't use rounds that have flatter nosed bullets, or it'll have a hard time feeding.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I haven't done any work on it. I've been deciding whether I want to sell it to help fund the Sig P220 or if I want to keep it and buy the Sig anyway. I'm kinda leaning towards the latter, because I do like it, and 1911s in general. And right now it's my only 1911. Okay. I think I just talked myself into keeping it. But then I'll probably want to have some work done on it at some point.

The problem as far as I can tell appears to be the feed ramp. The RIA mags seem to position the bullet high enough that when it goes into battery the bullet hits higher on the feed ramp. I have some Tripp mags that position the bullet a little lower, so the steepness of the feed ramp seems to matter more. With those mags I can't use rounds that have flatter nosed bullets, or it'll have a hard time feeding.

I can tune it up a bit if and when desired

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys! I'm excited to get the Hunter on the range.

My wife has claimed the Limited Pro as hers now, didn't make it 10 minutes from the picking up the Hunter. lol

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Not very good at photos, but it looks a lot better in person. The grips are even growing on me.

Top Bottom