• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    This thread is really making me want a 10mm. That Para Elite LS Hunter looks BA. But I have no money.

Random question, how much is a kidney fetching these days?

Well I should have read the whole thread. Apparently they are not that great. Onto more research.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It is a proven statistic that 4 out of 5 pistol builds prefer to be 10mm :) Actually it is 6 out of seven but the other 2 have not arrived.
    All but the one on the bottom are 10mm in various stages of completion

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bingo. Especially with the new factory offerings coming on line stating they are capable of running "Real" 10mm rounds.

I like Sig Elite 180 gr. @624 ft-lb it’s pretty close to “real” load. Still expensive though but cheaper than Underwood or Buffalo Bore. Cabela’s usually has the Sig for $26.99/50. Because of the cost I don’t shoot more than a few mags per range trip.

Sellier and Bellot is pretty economical. Maybe has the most bang for the buck I’ve found. I can usually get it for ~18.99/50 and it’s ~550 ft-lb.

I’ve only been into 10mm for a couple of years now and I haven’t really seen prices budge.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did. I wasn’t aware if the premature breach opening on heavy loads.

Glock was the slowest and the Para had a new barrel. Says loads to me.
    I need to go back and read that part again.

Edit
    OK, I was aware of that issue but if you have a good solid platform this should not occur.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Glock was the slowest and the Para had a new barrel. Says loads to me.
    I need to go back and read that part again.

Edit
    OK, I was aware of that issue but if you have a good solid platform this should not occur.

Oh. Are you saying Glock isn't a solid platform? That's what I heard. :laugh:

Nah, seriously, he said if you have the problem, just use a stiffer recoil spring. Didn't he say a 4 lb stiffer spring in his Glock made a 50fps difference?

I think for most people it won't matter. When you're talking in the range of 1250 to 1350 fps, unless you shoot the same loads a lot, most people probably won't notice the issue as far as perception. Maybe for hunting purposes people might care more. I don't know.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I like Sig Elite 180 gr. @624 ft-lb it’s pretty close to “real” load. Still expensive though but cheaper than Underwood or Buffalo Bore. Cabela’s usually has the Sig for $26.99/50. Because of the cost I don’t shoot more than a few mags per range trip.

Sellier and Bellot is pretty economical. Maybe has the most bang for the buck I’ve found. I can usually get it for ~18.99/50 and it’s ~550 ft-lb.

I’ve only been into 10mm for a couple of years now and I haven’t really seen prices budge.

I like the S&B as an affordable way to shoot and collect brass at the same time.

The new Fenix ammo is pretty stout. A fellow INGOee let me try some and you could feel the extra power, but it did have adobe with hard primers.

https://www.fenixammo.com/online-store/10MM-180gr-Flat-Point-p72656607

Top Bottom