• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have it from a reliable source that Santa's gonna bring me a new 10mm for Christmas. I'm kinda liking the Sig P220 Elite match in reverse 2-tone. Maybe a Delta Elite. Anyone have any suggestions?
    The P220 Legion 10mm has been hitting shelves recently.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    My informant has indicated that Santa's a cheap ass and won't go >$1200. So the Legion is probably out of Santa's budget for this Christmas.

There is a Para Ordinance 10mm 1911 long slide in the classifieds right now, I know nothing of their quality. Supposedly it has much improved.
    The new Delta's are quite nice, that's probably where I would start with that budget. Lots of options for upgrading them off you choose to later.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My informant has indicated that Santa's a cheap ass and won't go >$1200. So the Legion is probably out of Santa's budget for this Christmas.
    I have the reverse two tone and it is a very nice pistol. Nice enough that I am not personally jonesing for the Legion.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    There is a Para Ordinance 10mm 1911 long slide in the classifieds right now, I know nothing of their quality. Supposedly it has much improved.
    The new Delta's are quite nice, that's probably where I would start with that budget. Lots of options for upgrading them off you choose to later.
    that Para is sharp looking but I’m not that familiar with them lately

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have not seen it but depending on when and where it was made is what defines those guns. Early made in Canada are pretty good. The later ones suck badly.
    This is from personal experience as I was a Para guy for a long time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been doing some research and contacted the seller of the Para 10mm LS. From all of this I may be putting that in my safe. Going to speak with the Seller today. Looks like it might be an OK piece. If so I will have to alter my opinion on Para. If it actually sucks then I will not go here again.

More to come.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am picking up the Para LS tomorrow. I would love to get the SA LS but the money just is not there right now.
    I hope the Para passes my critical inspection. I have seen a few that would not go solid into lock up.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I like the 10mm, alot.
    I use Underwood ammo for self defense carry, as they have full power loadings.
    Have a Glock 20, Glock 29, and more recently acquired a Glock 40 for a woods pistol up at the NW Wisconsin cabin (there's black bears).

The Glock 29 is the one I've concealed carried the most, as the 20 and especially the 40 are just too big to be practical.

I DO like 1911 style pistols, have a couple, and the Springfield Armory 10mm's are nice.
    But they're too big and heavy to be practical to carry concealed, plus their round capacity is lower than I like.
    So if I got one, I'd have a lot of money into what would just be a range pistol.

I understand that Springfield Armory is working an an XDm version in 10mm.

The Glock 29 isn't as refined, has good round capacity, is easily concealable, is utilitarian and I don't worry about it getting dinged or scratched.
    PLUS, if God forbid I have to use it for self defense, I won't have so much money wrapped up in a pistol that will likely be swiped by the police as "evidence" and I may never see again if at all.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom