• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Let's make it a 9mm day and everyone meet in ESP. This will help streamline the smack-talk afterwards:D

I don't know...my gun isn't a gamer's gun so I'd probably be at a disadvantage :D :laugh:

Or you could finally turn loose of some green and buy yourself and M&P45 that way you don't have to jump calibers! You just won't be able to say the word "clip" as often.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I don't know...my gun isn't a gamer's gun so I'd probably be at a disadvantage :D :laugh:

Or you could finally turn loose of some green and buy yourself and M&P45 that way you don't have to jump calibers! You just won't be able to say the word "clip" as often.

I need to do this.

On the other hand, since you've got something like 5 M&P45s, bring one for me with a holster and I'll run CDP with you. Just make it a full size man's gun, not some petite compact.

Deal?:D

My 45 rounds average 173pf from an open system revo (contrary to popular yet misguided beliefs). I'd image they would THUMP from closed system.:rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    In short...yes you do need to do this! I think mine rounds were last figured at around 167PF I think.

you ever want to run either of those 2 M&P45s you just let me know...remember, they still have the thumb safety :D I do have a Serpa along with my Ravens so you might actually be spoiled for choice!

You let me keep shooting Glocks again and I might be in the mood to make a sweet deal on one...or I might take a Glock in trade :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    In short...yes you do need to do this! I think mine rounds were last figured at around 167PF I think.

you ever want to run either of those 2 M&P45s you just let me know...remember, they still have the thumb safety :D I do have a Serpa along with my Ravens so you might actually be spoiled for choice!

You let me keep shooting Glocks again and I might be in the mood to make a sweet deal on one...or I might take a Glock in trade :D

I'm sure TJ has a whole garbage bag of glocks in his trunk at all times, plenty of trade fodder. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm sure TJ has a whole garbage bag of glocks in his trunk at all times, plenty of trade fodder. :laugh:

LOL I should offer to trade him one of mine but make him buy the Glock to trade me! No used stuff, go to the store and fill out that form, get it called in that TJ just bought a Glock! :D:laugh::D:laugh:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Agreed. There are some stages that the whole squad isn't required- the far and near stage Sat. comes to mind. A few guys pasting and swapping out is fine. A stage with a lot of steel, movers and pasting needs everyone. You're right, the fun can be sucked out quick if everyone isn't on board.

Of course, I haven't said much about this, but I was already ticked-off and the lack of help just added to it. Just before your squad rolled in I saw an experienced guy under the shelter do the following: Clear kydex, sweep most of the squad under the shelter, my kids sitting there, point gun at ground and pull the trigger and return gun to holster. I couldn't believe he had done it. We had words. We won't be squadding together again:xmad:

I guess it's a good thing I'm not an SO. I think I would have tagged the guy with a DQ and marched him to Scott to discuss his future at RB matches.

Before anybody asks, I can't recall the name. I've shot with him a few times and he's likeable and we get along. It's the dude that constantly has his Glock going down.

And he thought it was funny when you barked at him.:xmad:

Same guy that had two glocks, 40 and a 9. Had issue's at his time to shoot, because he was trying to feed one with the wrong cal bullets. Took 20 minutes to figure it out. Ok, maybe not 20 mins, but at least 19.

Some of the conversation from that side of the shelter gave me cold chills.

So SBC's list really jumped in length during saturdays match!! :D

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Kisada, you may want to bench shoot the gun to see where point of aim is.
    I have a cheap plastic wobbly rest you can use sometime.

Again, i've done this myself, and I'm still crappy. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

:whistle:

Trading M&Ps for Glocks. What is this world coming to:( Please don't let that happen.

Same guy that had two glocks, 40 and a 9. Had issue's at his time to shoot, because he was trying to feed one with the wrong cal bullets. Took 20 minutes to figure it out. Ok, maybe not 20 mins, but at least 19.

This is good to know. I'll keep a closer an eye on him when possible and if another time occurs, I won't be so discreet. Seems some folks need to be called out loudly to get a point across. The caliber thing does not surprise me- seems right in line with his mindset.

I think an email to Scott and a few others is in order. I don't want to come off as tattling on anyone, but we're talking safety here. Shame this has to happen and its not coming from noobs where a slip can be addressed and forgiven- it's coming from guys that have shot IDPA longer than I have.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

So SBC's list really jumped in length during saturdays match!! :D

I was there but didn't quite get what happened until long after. I know TJ gave me the short version but I was scoring and it didn't quite hit me what had happened or that it happened the way that it did. Sometimes you can't quite get your head around some of the things that you hear. Complacency is dangerous. Probably should have brought it up to Steve or Matt and go over with the offender what happened and what should have happened.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I was there but didn't quite get what happened until long after. I know TJ gave me the short version but I was scoring and it didn't quite hit me what had happened or that it happened the way that it did. Sometimes you can't quite get your head around some of the things that you hear. Complacency is dangerous. Probably should have brought it up to Steve or Matt and go over with the offender what happened and what should have happened.

Yes, I should have- that was a failure on my part. Thing is I kind of know the guy from the matches we've shot before and I really thought it was an issue of "oh, yeah, that was stupid- MY BAD!" Evidently not.

Guys just don't get that when safety ends our fun ends. And if safety is broken badly enough, these matches will end. Nobody wants to see that happen.

Email headed to Scott and Steve.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Kisada, you may want to bench shoot the gun to see where point of aim is.
    I have a cheap plastic wobbly rest you can use sometime.

Again, i've done this myself, and I'm still crappy. :)
    I might take you up on that, I figure it's the best way to test vs. an expert shooter giving it a run.
    :whistle:

Trading M&Ps for Glocks. What is this world coming to:( Please don't let that happen.

Meh, its all Tupperware in the end, right? :laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Use of the word "jaunty" is absolutely janky.
    Now this is a jaunty yellow shirt... you best recognize!

0.jpg

I should see if I can put together that "ensemble" on the far left and wear it next month. Not only is it jaunty, but that jacket would be a sweet tactical cover garment. :rockwoot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Now this is a jaunty yellow shirt... you best recognize!

0.jpg

I should see if I can put together that "ensemble" on the far left and wear it next month. Not only is it jaunty, but that jacket would be a sweet tactical cover garment. :rockwoot:

Recognize!:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: That puts the cool in tacticool:cool::cool:

Seems like a lot of unnecessary grief comes from honest misunderstandings and things that are just not explained very well. Anyway, when they say minimum of 165 pf they actually mean that you should be loading for 165,000.

Aww man! That level of power will take me WAAAAY off my game:D

Top Bottom