• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No scores yet.

It's amazing how a .45 muzzle can turn into a 20mm when your looking at it's business end. I've never seen the guy that did before and if it was his first time, I'm sure he's learned and won't do it again. Indeed Jeff, you did well in an event that truly raised the pucker factor.

I only got swept twice during the rifle match, once to the face and once to the back. I wouldn't have known about the one to the back, but Looney came and informed me. Yikes. I don't know what's been up with the last couple of sidematches and guys handling their guns/rifles.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    All I know is before the match, both Jeff and Steve were talking about making terrible judgement calls against some guy that shot a match in Tennessee...if I'd have known they were plotting against you, TJ, The Glock Knight would have done something to help!

Next time the SOs have to get that up close and personal, probably a good idea to make that stage the first you do before everybody gets a chance to sweat into their cover garments LOL I think I lucked out and didn't have to SO that one; I think I was just scoring during Revolver-gate :D

I KNEW it was a conspiracy! Thanks for having my back, man. You know, I really didn't think my ultra cool big bird shirt would have evoked such envy. :dunno: Guys, don't hate tha playah, hate the game! Seek to live vicariously through my awesomeness- who knows, maybe one day you'll achieve some of your own:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah it was the guy's first time and with a new gun to boot. I think he was having some feed issues and that led to some frustration on his part, I believe. Every close call like that I've seen has stemmed from new shooters and their cover being right up in their faces. They are so concerned about cover that they even keep it after the course is over; probably be a good idea to let them know during new shooter's meeting that once they are finished the can step out or forward (down range) away from cover to unload and clear their weapon. I might say something to that effect the next time I do a new shooter's brief...right before the cries of 'Google' ring out :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    TJ my sincere apologies. I should have known it was a questionable call after Mike threw up the high five & then went to his touchdown dance.

See! Now Jeff is throwing me under the bus...that proves it...conspiracy! No scores yet, Steve not here to defend himself...I mean provide evidence to the contrary...I was fighting for you, TJ... Evidently yellow is the new color to discriminate against!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    TJ my sincere apologies. I should have known it was a questionable call after Mike threw up the high five & then went to his touchdown dance.

See! Now Jeff is throwing me under the bus...that proves it...conspiracy! No scores yet, Steve not here to defend himself...I mean provide evidence to the contrary...I was fighting for you, TJ... Evidently yellow is the new color to discriminate against!

:laugh:

I'm going to wear it again to Evansville- I bet those guys can appreciate a good lookin shirt!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Just remember that haters are going to hate!

On the new guy that pointed the 50 BMG at Grelbers junk, and SBC and Dustys faces, I was that new guy not that long ago it seems. I did a similar dumbass newbie move at Matt V amongst the nerves and head swimming. I appreciate the difficult job the SO's have.

If SBC could have seen the view I had after I sat back in my truck after retrieving my forgotten bag of tactical Lunchables, I think his eyes would have gotten much bigger than the already in-humanly sized they achieved when I informed him of said muzzling. Actually it wasn't so much of a muzzling as it was taking aim. :xmad:

In hindsight I should have called out the aimee first then informed the target.

Like Grelber and Dusty, something, karma maybe, just wasn't smiling on me yesterday. I did my share of doofessness. Like tripping over a turned wheel on a truck. :rockwoot:
    It was humorous in a sick sort of way to see SBC and Dusty scream like 5yr olds and move as fast as they did at the sight of that 50 BMG aimed their way. :D Bright yellow blur comes to mind.

I'm betting it was jealousy over the yellow shirt that prompted revolver gate. Or maybe payback for the one time SBC was channeling his best marine drill sargent attitude.

Grelber, you did well my man. Everyone on your squad went home with the same number of holes they arrived with.

I'm glad I ended the day still not on anyone's list. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    On the new guy that pointed the 50 BMG at Grelbers junk, and SBC and Dustys faces, I was that new guy not that long ago it seems. I did a similar dumbass newbie move at Matt V amongst the nerves and head swimming. I appreciate the difficult job the SO's have.

If SBC could have seen the view I had after I sat back in my truck after retrieving my forgotten bag of tactical Lunchables, I think his eyes would have gotten much bigger than the already in-humanly sized they achieved when I informed him of said muzzling. Actually it wasn't so much of a muzzling as it was taking aim. :xmad:

In hindsight I should have called out the aimee first then informed the target.

Like Grelber and Dusty, something, karma maybe, just wasn't smiling on me yesterday. I did my share of doofessness. Like tripping over a turned wheel on a truck. :rockwoot:
    It was humorous in a sick sort of way to see SBC and Dusty scream like 5yr olds and move as fast as they did at the sight of that 50 BMG aimed their way. :D Bright yellow blur comes to mind.

I'm betting it was jealousy over the yellow shirt that prompted revolver gate. Or maybe payback for the one time SBC was channeling his best marine drill sargent attitude.

Grelber, you did well my man. Everyone on your squad went home with the same number of holes they arrived with.

I'm glad I ended the day still not on anyone's list. :D

Speaking of said muzzler:xmad:, he wasn't done when he finished with me. He then proceeded to muzzle the entire group, this time with us watching. He was called out on it and quickly told it was his turn to shoot (I think they wanted him out of there). I should have known something was up when he went prone on the couch and while looking downrange Brad motioned to the rest of us to get back- way back- and behind my truck if possible. Guess what- dude's tac optics wouldn't work and he said "I quit!" We all agreed, it was a good call:D

I have to get me some tactical lunchables.

I don't think Mike could see what was happening because he was scoring starring intently at a hole that missed the line by a full half-inch. Naturally, he gave it "in the shooter's favor":rolleyes: But I do know that after being grabbed he was able to turn and see what was happening. I considered it a bonding moment.

So you liked my drill sargent call, huh? I thought it was pretty good and I offer it here free for future use by anyone dealing with a less than useful squad.

With a stern face, look upon those sitting and talking about reloading and say: "The man said the range was safe- that means go reset and paste."

I liked the response:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I wondered what had facilitated the mad rush of pasters and setters! I think I was all the way in the back with the up-and-down target at the house...next thing I know about 300 people came bursting around the house like their butts were on fire! I missed it!

There is something about the side matches that is the devil! :D nothing good comes out of it! LOL

On the earlier stage, I was scoring and the next thing I know..."look out!" lol it was an interesting day to say the least. Very few escaped unscathed!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'd just like to direct everyone's attention to a few things. The scores are out. DESPITE the incredible anti-TJ/anti-cool shirt/anti-grease ring conspiracies and revolvergate, I still managed to grab the highest score on our squad AND 6th overall. Of all my shooting accomplishments, this is a highlight, revealing what perserverance can do in the face of overwhelming odds:D:laugh:

I didn't perform like a wanted and needed to; I was far too sloppy at 48 down. Gotta clean things up next time.

Sidematch score make me look like a BOSS:laugh: I'm really not though, I was just able to down the steel in 7 shots:D

Thanks for getting the scores worked up Steve!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Speaking of said muzzler:xmad:, he wasn't done when he finished with me. He then proceeded to muzzle the entire group, this time with us watching. He was called out on it and quickly told it was his turn to shoot (I think they wanted him out of there). I should have known something was up when he went prone on the couch and while looking downrange Brad motioned to the rest of us to get back- way back- and behind my truck if possible. Guess what- dude's tac optics wouldn't work and he said "I quit!" We all agreed, it was a good call:D

I have to get me some tactical lunchables.

So you liked my drill sargent call, huh? I thought it was pretty good and I offer it here free for future use by anyone dealing with a less than useful squad.

With a stern face, look upon those sitting and talking about reloading and say: "The man said the range was safe- that means go reset and paste."

I liked the response:D

Wow, When I saw his name was missing from the score's, my first thought was you all had donated some rifle slings, tied him up and threw him in the pond for safe keeping. :)

Lunchables are tactilicious.

Why yes, yes I did like the drill sergeant call very much so.

I think I will practice your awesome line with my best Srg Carter imitation for use at next match.

sgt carter.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It seemed like a day for everyone... I think we need to have a few CDP & ESR/SSP guys design sem stages! Nothing like doing tact reloads in terrible places :D

That double swinger in the house adds a bit too much randomness in my opinion because you could see guys get a good swing and others were getting these terribly times ones.

I did like the malfunction junction despite obvious anti-revolver bias lol and the 'running man' target, though. That was fun even if I didn't shoot it well enough to take top CDP spot. Gotta clean my act up, too!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Couple things...

I remember Grelber So'ing someone but I can't remember who, but when time to slide/hammer down they aimed next to their own right foot, pointing in the general vicinity of Grelb's left foot. I believe I noticed it a couple different times actually. I'm sure it isn't something most would probably even notice or think about. I personally make sure I'm pointed out 3-4ft./45° out in front of me, well away from legs and feet when I do so. Might be something to make note of for all you safety fellers... I'd rather not see anyone take a AD/ND to the foot anytime soon. :D

I was thinking I did decent, outside of said FTN's, but looking at the scores got me kinda bummed out. Also, after the match, we went a popped off a few rounds for various reasons, just trying to figure out my point of aim, pulling trigger on resp. pause, taking my time and all that good stuff. Unfortunately, I think my shots were far worse/inconsistent at maybe 7 yds. than they are after the buzzer sounds, at any given distance. :noway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It seemed like a day for everyone... I think we need to have a few CDP & ESR/SSP guys design sem stages! Nothing like doing tact reloads in terrible places :D

That double swinger in the house adds a bit too much randomness in my opinion because you could see guys get a good swing and others were getting these terribly times ones.

I did like the malfunction junction despite obvious anti-revolver bias lol and the 'running man' target, though. That was fun even if I didn't shoot it well enough to take top CDP spot. Gotta clean my act up, too!

Steve asked me about malfunction junction. I think the quote was "tell me what you think of this stage- I see an opinion forming.":D Well, in truth, it wasn't too bad for me and I told him as much. Thinking more about it though, if there was some SSR guys running Safarilands, they would have been screwed. You have to have 6 to load those things.

The field wasn't equal because all the semi guys knew they had rounds coming when they loaded. Revos didn't. Just part of the game.

Couple things...

I remember Grelber So'ing someone but I can't remember who, but when time to slide/hammer down they aimed next to their own right foot, pointing in the general vicinity of Grelb's left foot. I believe I noticed it a couple different times actually. I'm sure it isn't something most would probably even notice or think about. I personally make sure I'm pointed out 3-4ft./45° out in front of me, well away from legs and feet when I do so. Might be something to make note of for all you safety fellers... I'd rather not see anyone take a AD/ND to the foot anytime soon. :D

I was thinking I did decent, outside of said FTN's, but looking at the scores got me kinda bummed out. Also, after the match, we went a popped off a few rounds for various reasons, just trying to figure out my point of aim, pulling trigger on resp. pause, taking my time and all that good stuff. Unfortunately, I think my shots were far worse/inconsistent at maybe 7 yds. than they are after the buzzer sounds, at any given distance. :noway:

On stages where you start weak handed, it makes a lot of sense to spray paint both a starting line and a circle for shooters to aim into. By the rules, you're suppose to start at 45 degrees and most of us know that by new guys might not:twocents:

I'm not certain who the "we" is that you're referring to, but that might have a lot to do with your problems:laugh: I can work with you sometime if you want:D

Steve noted the FTNs in the email and I'm not so sure we're actually having more of them. I think we're just calling more of them now, which is a good thing. There was some FTN's awarded on malfunction junction when, in my opinion, there shouldn't have been. Whether the description was vickers or not, anytime you have to load below division capacity it is, by definition, a limited vickers stage.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

OK, I think I heard Jeff mention something about this too, particularly on the truck stage. I saw you and him do tac-reloads in the truck. If memory serves (questionable), you guys should have ran out at the last mover. 2,2,1,2,2=9. What was the problem? Did you miss the steel? If so, this is not a design problem:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, sadly missed the steel...a poor guy that was only loaded to 7+1 with the older 1911 mags would be hard pressed to finish stages like that. No complaint, just an observation...I know if I want more rounds I either shoot in SSP or tough it out! LOL it is hard to round dump until empty on the first two targets to set yourself up for success later when you are loaded with more than 6 rounds :D meh, it is what it is and my fault for getting ahead of myself on that first steel...I think I was so upset at having to shoot over the hood instead of around the car... :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    WE=Me, Grelber, Dusty, Kisada.

Kisada, it also helps if you shoot more than once every couple of months. :D

Ok, maybe it would you. It doesn't seem to help me. :D

Top Bottom