Not open for further replies.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    If my truck keeps this up, I'm going to need a special jacket, and a padded room. I have to replace the compressor. It is leaking internally. :facepalm:
    Bummer, we still have a lot of summer left. Compressor is cheaper than a room, and you can never leave.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If my truck keeps this up, I'm going to need a special jacket, and a padded room. I have to replace the compressor. It is leaking internally. :facepalm:

At least you discovered it before you put refrigerant in it. I've seen prices on compressors vary widely depending on the vehicle. Hopefully yours won't be too bad. Don't forget new O-rings.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    At least you discovered it before you put refrigerant in it. I've seen prices on compressors vary widely depending on the vehicle. Hopefully yours won't be too bad. Don't forget new O-rings.

O contrair, I did, and replaced the o-rings after the first time it leaked out, added dye and charged again. I had air for the drive home.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    O contrair, I did, and replaced the o-rings after the first time it leaked out, added dye and charged again. I had air for the drive home.

Oops. I thought you said you were checking to see if it would hold vacuum. I guess I assumed incorrectly that it was empty.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Oops. I thought you said you were checking to see if it would hold vacuum. I guess I assumed incorrectly that it was empty.

I was going to replace the o-rings on top of the compressor and vacuum, but didn't see any dye, so I took the compressor off, found dye on the bottom of it. It was empty, not so much as a hiss when I popped the line loose.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I was going to replace the o-rings on top of the compressor and vacuum, but didn't see any dye, so I took the compressor off, found dye on the bottom of it. It was empty, not so much as a hiss when I popped the line loose.
    It's time then! :spend:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

There's always something that needs to be done to a car. I need to get sway bar bushings for my Magnum. I'm getting tired of listening to the knocking. They are cheap and easy to replace. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom