The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just wonder if the GOP, LLC will learn anything from this.

I'm just so glad we didn't get 4 months of someone from the GOP saying stupid crap like, "While I greatly respect Mrs. Clinton's experience, I simply think she has the wrong ideas." That's a buncha bull. Trump laid hands on her, called her a crook, and just generally ruffed her up. Exactly like she deserved, and I think there is a certain honesty in that. Nobody pulled any punches on either side in this election. I think that's good.

If the GOP would have done it's flipping job and treated Obama this way, called him what he was - instead of standing back and genuflecting on him because of his race - we might not be in this situation right now.

Obama was exceedingly popular, at least the first time. Hillary is...not, even with her own base.

I think you can disagree with someone, even strongly, without being rude or crass. I will also admit there's a time to be rude. However, counterpoint the POTUS election with the race for Governor. I listened to all of those debates on the radio, and I'm *proud* of the way the Hoosier state was represented by our candidate for governor. They disagree, but they can do it without the reality tv style mudslinging. I didn't get to hear all of Holcomb's acceptance speech because the mic kept cutting out (or the radio station's feed did) but he put his LT governor up first and he thanked his opponent genuinely for running a clean race and for trying to serve the public. That, to me, is a sign of leadership and deserving the position of public trust.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Trump 270+ electoral votes... Clinton expected to win popular... 2000 all over again.

Excellent sign she conceded right away

Watch for complaining about our way of electing presidents. Have your facts ready to counter.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Watch for complaining about our way of electing presidents. Have your facts ready to counter.

It will be blamed on the "October Surprise." Just you wait.

Tonight, they're embracing the suck and admitting that there is dissatisfaction with the status quo. That _could_ be the beginning of real understanding resulting from this election. But it will not last. Once they've had a chance to get their faces together, this will go down like the Willie Horton ad, Diebold Voting Machines, and the Michael Dukakis Tank fiasco. They will simply not be able to admit they lost. They will have to find something to blame: the Voters, the FBI, something, ANYthing but themselves. They will not be able to accept that voters would reject what they're offering.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey kids, I'm going to bed, I still have to go to work tomorrow because I know it is my responsibility and I DO have to worry about gas in my car and rent even though Trump won.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It will be blamed on the "October Surprise." Just you wait. Tonight, they're embracing the suck, feeling the butthurt, and admitting that there is dissatisfaction with the status quo. But in a few years, this will go down like the Willie Horton ad, Diebold Voting Machines, and the Michael Dukakis Tank fiasco. They will simply not be able to admit they lost. They will have to find something to blame: the Voters, the FBI, something, ANYthing but themselves.

Well, they picked the WORST, sleaziest, unethical candidate possible this time...... no where to go but up.....

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Even though I didn't vote for him, I am still a glass half empty type of guy. Here are a couple of pluses that I can think of:

1) No ammo shortages at Walmart due to panic buying over a Clinton presidency.
    2) No skyrocketing prices of semi autos (I am looking forward to Black Friday.
    3) If he actually elects pro 2A justices, we might get further progress on gun rights.
    4) With a Republican President, Senate, AND House, we might get some AWESOME pro 2A legislation.
    5) Lower income taxes (under his plan, the top marginal rate is 33%, down from 39%).
    6) Obamacare capital gains tax of 3.8% will probably be eliminated.
    7) If he does lead us into another 2008 style recession, at least we might find some of those sweet real estate deals that were out there in that era. :D

You have to look at the bright side of things.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll have to admit, my joy at seeing Hillary losing causes me great joy. I honestly pray, Trump does what his supporters believed he woould do and stand for.

Bye Hillary! At least you've got your millions and millions of dollars of corrupt/crony/blood money to keep you company for the rest of your life. I hope you finally get the joy and justice you deserve.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'll have to admit, my joy at seeing Hillary losing causes me great joy. I honestly pray, Trump does what his supporters believed he woould do and stand for.

Bye Hillary! At least you've got you millions and millions of dollars of corrupt/crony/blood money to keep you company for the rest of your life. I hope you finally get the joy and justice you deserve.
    Lock her up! :-)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OK...who stayed up all night? :)

I'll admit as the states came rolling in and looked like Hillary was going down, I stayed up later than I wanted to. When it stalled at 254 and some analyst on Fox said they might not get to call any more states for a long time, I went on to sleep. :)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Holy Crap.....I just got up and can't believe it...Wow....

:rockwoot:

Yep, it's Dewey defeats Truman all over again. I haven't even been to bed yet, but I'm headed there soon.

The obvious shock and awe I watched on MSNBC and CNN was worth staying up for. Van Jones is honestly apoplectic over the outcome. Blitzer went home. It was a thing of beauty to watch the King/Queen makers in the media go into shock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom