The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good bye, indiucky! How are you enjoying the snowy weather we're having lately?

Not good...After this long dry winter we had I had already put up my snowshoes....I can't wait for the Derby...First Saturday in October...

I have become a contrary warrior...:)

[video=youtube;5R6wK1VWH1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6wK1VWH1k[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Blue Dog Democrat is an extinct creature....Many Democrats were very pro gun....Bill Clinton and Al Gore were both very pro gun....

And then they got nominated on the national ticket and "evolved".....

Democrats "evolve", Republicans "flip flop"....

Our Senator Joe Donnelly. "A" rating with the NRA...

...until the last vote on gun control. :xmad:

Senate Rejects 4 Gun Control Measures

No such thing as voting for Dems for those of us who truly support the Second Amendment in today's day and age.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    LA Times tracking poll, an apparent INGO fave, shows Trump holding steady at +4, right at the MOE, in the "who do you plan on voting for" question.

And yet, HRC is +10 and growing, outside the MOE, in the "who do you think will win" question.

This post is absolutely not an endorsement of that poll. Just raising it in this thread because its been mentioned.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    LA Times tracking poll, an apparent INGO fave, shows Trump holding steady at +4, right at the MOE, in the "who do you plan on voting for" question.

And yet, HRC is +10 and growing, outside the MOE, in the "who do you think will win" question.

This post is absolutely not an endorsement of that poll. Just raising it in this thread because its been mentioned.

I think it means they will vote for Trump regardless if they feel he can win or not. Not going with the "if you can't beat them, join them" mantra that affects some voters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a quick check;

Has anyone here participated in any polling?
    Know anyone that has?
    Know anyone, that knows anyone that has?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just a quick check;

Know anyone that has?
    I've participated in a couple polls this cycle. So, y'all do know someone that has.

You may not like what I said, but I participated. :)

But, the reality is even if the pool is 1k people (which would be pretty darn good sized) the chance of any one person getting the call is pretty small. That's why it is important to understand the methodology of any given poll.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just a quick check;

Know anyone that has?

I was polled a couple of days ago.

Here's what I was asked to my nearest recollection.

How likely are you to vote? I replied that if I don't make it to the polls it means I'm dead, in which case someone else will be voting for me anyway. he didn't get the reference so I told him "very likely".

Do you consider yourself to be a Republican/Democrat/Independent? (those were the only choices): Me: "Not Republican or Democrat". Him: "So independent?" Me: "I guess" :rolleyes:.

Do you consider yourself Conservative, Liberal or Moderate? me: "libertarianish." him: "So conservative?" me: :rolleyes: "well not socially." him: "those are the only choices" me: "okay, fine. Conservative."

If the election were held today, are you more likely to vote for a Donald Trump, a Hillary Clinton, or a third party candidate? Didn't include Johnson, just "third party" me: "is Al Bundy third party?" him: laughter, then repeats the question. me: "I'm more likely not to vote for anyone for president than any of them." him: "so none." me: yes.

I think because I answered "none" he asked: If you were to lean towards one candidate or the other, would it be Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, or a Third Party candidate? Me: Probably Trump and hope he's impeached.

How satisfied are you with the candidates? me: laughter. him: "so is that very satisfied, somewhat satisfied, neither satisfied or dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied." me: "the last one."

Most of the rest of the questions were about about the 9th district congressional race.

Have you seen any adds for Shelli Yoder? (at this point I'm thinking it's an internal Democratic poll, which may explain his deadpan response about "voting dead". No, I haven't seen Shelli Yoder adds.

That's about all I remember.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @mrj He interviewed the chicks. That's not really acting.

Building the brand, one floozy at a time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A broken man.

CuGWOvXWYAAs4UG.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've participated in a couple polls this cycle. So, y'all do know someone that has.

You may not like what I said, but I participated. :)

But, the reality is even if the pool is 1k people (which would be pretty darn good sized) the chance of any one person getting the call is pretty small. That's why it is important to understand the methodology of any given poll.

If this is correct, perhaps you can help me understand a personal anomaly. My house line (VoIP but I retained the old, old phone #) registers easily ten or more calls per week from organizations I assume are polling (i.e.: something research or something metric etc) and an equal number of calls I interpret as spoofed calls from same (calls that come less than a minute after the initial call is rejected but from some random number with an ohio area code). These calls come in starting around 5:30 and sometimes going beyond 9pm but never beyond 10pm. No messages are ever left nor has a robodialer ever begun a spiel.

If I never answer and have never indicated a desire to participate, why don't they move on. Why are they so persistent

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He sold out his principles and integrity when he endorsed Trump and deserves what he gets. If anyone had talked about my family the way Trump talked about his the least he could expect was a refusal to endorse.

I was surprised to see Cruz kiss the ring. I suspect there's some pragmatism in the decision. Maybe he needed Trump to stop trying to primary him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom