• ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Bob Seger, Turn The Page
    I had a professional sound reinforcement company doing big concerts across much of the country from '78 through '92. I am familiar with the Road Life.
    Keeping my systems staffed was the most time consuming part of that business.
    Nobody effing wants to work!

When I hear that song I want to John Wayne style back hand slap that entitled MF.
    Poor little rock star millionaire, you get tired for a few months every year, then you have the rest of the year to rest some and come up with something new to whine about. Weak effort!

DO BETTER!!

I actually like most of Seger's work, but that one song, not so much.

@OP:
    CameraMonkey, I love Edie Brickel. Worked two tours near me with her band and they were not only fun to work with, but as a group, they were consumate stage professionals.
    They covered some cool old material in concert that you don't forget about.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The band is Rush.

I'll never understand their culture following. I know a guy they has seen them over 20 times...and still goes. I think it's 26, but he started talking about their next concert and I checked out.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Most other songs I would hammer the sound sytem to stop playing it are more about just common, great songs I have just heard TOO MANY times.

I don't want to hear "Freebird" or "Stairway to Heaven" or "Let It Be" or "I'm Proud To Be An American" or "One Of These Nights" or "Devil Went Down To Georgia" or ad nauseum contuances ...

I love all these songs and I have numerous versions of each in my music collection, but I don't want to hear them again for a while.

I have over-listened or something, due to our culture; I think of hearing these songs as akin to being burned out.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Most other songs I would hammer the sound sytem to stop playing it are more about just common, great songs I have just heard TOO MANY times.

I don't want to hear "Freebird" or "Stairway to Heaven" or "Let It Be" or "I'm Proud To Be An American" or "One Of These Nights" or "Devil Went Down To Georgia" or ad nauseum contuances ...

I love all these songs and I have numerous versions of each in my music collection, but I don't want to hear them again for a while.

I have over-listened or something, due to our culture; I think of hearing these songs as akin to being burned out.
    I get that and live it. The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac are two of my all time favorite groups but I couldn’t care less to listen to them now and have not for many years. Several other artists fall in this category. Apple Music subscription has allowed me to listen to songs from my favorite era that never made radio play, some are better than the released material…

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    UB 40 Red Red Wine. A **** song when it came out and an overplayed **** song in the mid 80s. WJJK will still play it occasionally, channel gets changed immediately.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Come on Irene by Dexy's Midnight Runners

Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen, especially in light of Downbound Train being on the same album and so much better

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Nice ! Any idea when the next tour starts ?
    Danny would be the man for the job if they ever decided to tour. You can watch him play YYZ with Geddy and Alex during the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Show.

And even if you aren't a Tool fan I'd highly encourage watching the following video. Danny is spectacular drummer. Power, precision, technique...he's great.

Top Bottom