• rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Just heard one I'd forgot about on the radio on the way to work:

Lennon and the Plastic Ono band - Give Peace a Chance

Has to be by far the worst song ever recorded, even surpassing We Are the Worms...er...World.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I never knew they did a project together; was it anything like Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young?
    I think that Springsteen, Cocker, Dylan and Stewart only did one. I think it was called "Grinding, Fatal, High Speed Car Crash!" I don't think that it was a hit...or was it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This thread is so funny. Every song listed is somebody’s favorite. I get some of the songs that folks can’t stand but there are quite a few greats in this thread...
    Its also funny that folks cant read. I asked for ONE SONG and even specified no bands/genres yet they fire off "anything by..." SMH

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This thread is so funny. Every song listed is somebody’s favorite. I get some of the songs that folks can’t stand but there are quite a few greats in this thread...
    Something I realized from this thread is that, sure there are songs that I heard a lot and got sick of, and lots of songs that I just didn't like, and I won't listen to those if I can help it. But the real emotion, both good and bad is mostly associated with the things that a particular song reminds me of. There's a bunch of songs that I can hear and it takes me right back to a place and time. Example; how or why I don't know, but if I hear the song "I will survive" by Gloria Gainer, i see myself listening to it on the AM radio in my 1966 Mustang, parked at a certain favorite fishing place when I was in high school. A short little blip in time, but a good memory.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Something I realized from this thread is that, sure there are songs that I heard a lot and got sick of, and lots of songs that I just didn't like, and I won't listen to those if I can help it. But the real emotion, both good and bad is mostly associated with the things that a particular song reminds me of. There's a bunch of songs that I can hear and it takes me right back to a place and time. Example; how or why I don't know, but if I hear the song "I will survive" by Gloria Gainer, i see myself listening to it on the AM radio in my 1966 Mustang, parked at a certain favorite fishing place when I was in high school. A short little blip in time, but a good memory.
    One man's trash and all that.

Top Bottom