• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand the attitude. Nor those of other 2nd amendment supporters who want to bash people who carry in a different manner... :ugh:

I'm guessing most of those are just concern trolls. People pretending to be pro-gun, but trying to "educate" the trashy muck-dwellers how uncomfortable their sidearm makes the civilized people feel.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would like to comment, tut I won't sign up there.

A few level headed comments though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm guessing most of those are just concern trolls. People pretending to be pro-gun, but trying to "educate" the trashy muck-dwellers how uncomfortable their sidearm makes the civilized people feel.

I go back to your "if you're scared of an inanimate object" comment. The problem with most of this, like most things, is a lack of tolerance. When someone does something different, people tend to lash out and vilify those people as being lesser somehow. Instead, we should just try to be tolerant of others and allow people to do whatever they want, within reason, as long as it's not hurting anyone else.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What do you mean I "think" I'm right.

I am right.

I OC.

You can OC, CC, Interanal Carry.

You can have any gun you can afford.

You can have as many guns as you can afford.

You can buy as many guns as you want at one time.

NFA needs to be repealed.

Constitutional carry needs to be upheld.

All citizens should be able to carry in any government building and any government property.

No one that is not in jail or prison should have their civil rights abridged.

Citizens carrying should be able to shake the presidents hand.

No citizen should have their civil rights stolen without due process.

That is just the Second. I can rant on the other 9 and a few of the others too.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I am right.

I OC.

All citizens should be able to carry in any government building and any government property.

Amen, brother. Repped.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Don't be hesitant. I OC all the time and have many positive encounters. Most folks either don't notice or just don't care. I do notice some folks giving an inquisitive look occasionally, but I just smile and say Hi. All in all I feel that I am a positive influence on public opinion.

Yeah, I've thought about it. I actually OC pracitcally every time I go hiking in state parks just for comfort, but my holster holds it close enough to my body that my shirt usually covers most of my Glock. That's sort of hybrid carrying I guess, and no one on the trail has noticed or said anything to me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, I've thought about it. I actually OC pracitcally every time I go hiking in state parks just for comfort, but my holster holds it close enough to my body that my shirt usually covers most of my Glock. That's sort of hybrid carrying I guess, and no one on the trail has noticed or said anything to me.

It is a good chance they have either not noticed, not cared or been happy to see a good guy with a gun.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

I am right.

I OC.

Are you saying you are bi-carry? :p

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Are you saying you are bi-carry? :p

Actually I say I OC and that is true. I carry my full size 1911A1 at 3 o'clock in an OWB Galco Matrix and two mags in a Paddle OWB at 9 o'clock. I also carry a Bond Back-up in a AIWB that is mostly concealed.

I would prefer half-breed or even carrylato to bi-cary.

brogers261990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Flora
    While I prefer concealed carry, I have no problem with open carry. I do think it is a deterrent of its own when others know it's present. The only drawback in my area would be that drug users (there are more than a few around here) either cower, or more likely in this area, become more belligerent when they know a gun is present, especially when meth or PCP is present.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    While I prefer concealed carry, I have no problem with open carry. I do think it is a deterrent of its own when others know it's present. The only drawback in my area would be that drug users (there are more than a few around here) either cower, or more likely in this area, become more belligerent when they know a gun is present, especially when meth or PCP is present.

I'm just curious if you have heard of people who OC getting attacked by people on drugs.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here's an article on the Guns America blog.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/open-carry-dangerous-constitutional/

Penned by a Canadian immigrant to the land of the free and the home of the brave, he thinks we should hide them because people have a right not to be scared:runaway:when they see a gun on a hip, he says cops can't tell the good guys from the bad guys in a Dallas situation and that MWAG calls waste resources.

There is no right to not be scared. The cops in Dallas could tell the good guys because they were taking cover, too. MWAG calls don't waste resources if the dispatcher asks a couple of questions of the caller.

He does get the OC side pretty well, but...

Welcome to the USA, pal.

Top Bottom