2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Being 25 years old myself, this really hits home.

Here are a few recent "memories" that stick out in my mind. . .

epsylum said:
    OT, but I just wanted to point out that I am related to Gen. George Pickett (I am pretty sure I am a direct descendant).

epsylum said:
    Yup, it's an en bloc clip.

Clip (ammunition) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice that the clip still goes into a magazine. ;)

BTW the term magazine comes from naval ships. The magazine is the room(or rooms) that held the ammo for the ship's weapons. Again, itencompasses the ammo.

ETA: Whoo hoo!! I'm up to two green bars because of this thread.

epsylum said:
    Granted, I just glanced over the past 4 pages, but I didn't see oneFull Metal Jacket quote. Seriously?? You guys call yourself gun folk?

"How can you shoot women and children?"
    "Easy, you just don't lead them so much."

"If they run, they're VC. If they stay still, they're well disciplined VC."

and of course....

"This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun!"

epsylum said:
    More evidence that most people are friggin mindless sheep.

epsylum said:
    Chuck Norris' primary export is pain.

epsylum said:
    I prefer cats because:
    No need to walk them.
    No need to portion meals out for them (they eat until they are full andstop). I usually get those huge food dispensers and a giant water bowland I only have to top them off about once a week.
    No need to let them out.... ever. They crap in a box.
    In general, cat fur is softer than dog hair.

epsylum said:
    Which is a sign of stupidity, doing whatever someone tells you noquestions asked or doing whatever you want? If you say the first, thenpunch yourself in the face, if you don't then you're dumb. ;)

I have seen dogs eat rocks, run repeatedly into walls, and other retarded things too.

Animals in general are dumb. Cats just crack me the hell up.

epsylum said:
    IIRC craptacular is also a new word in the dictionary.

Hmm someone needs to tell firefox that as it just red underlined it.

epsylum said:
    People throwing butts in the streets bothers me, but the times I haveseen people throw their butts on the ground at nicely kept private gunranges/clubs REALLY bothers me. I have even been a taddle tale on themto the club because it just pisses me off. We have a nice, clean, safeplace to shoot and they go throwing trash on the ground like a frigginslob.

epsylum said:
    I will keep sharing this little secret with people as it is too cool.With any tip up Spyderco (actually any of them with a thumb hole, whichis probably 99% of them), put a small zip tie on the top of the holeand cut off the excess. The left over little tab will act as a Emersonwave opener allowing you to open the blade as you draw it from yourpocket. If you don't like it, cut it off. ;)

epsylum said:
    My AR = Jeanie (a play on the Eugene Stoner's name)
    My AK = Mika (a play on Mikhail)

epsylum said:
    IIRC sjstill did that with his P32 in Shay's class. It too went through the target.

31d2a67d3e4e.jpg

Jimbo our prayers are with you as you take care of your family.

Metro 40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    I'm sad to hear this. I met Epsylum, he bought an M&P 40 from me. He seemed like a really nice guy. My condolences.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Here are a few recent "memories" that stick out in my mind. . .

Quote:
    Originally Posted by epsylum
    OT, but I just wanted to point out that I am related to Gen. George Pickett (I am pretty sure I am a direct descendant).

Quote:
    Yup, it's an en bloc clip.

Clip (ammunition) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice that the clip still goes into a magazine. ;)

BTW the term magazine comes from naval ships. The magazine is the room(or rooms) that held the ammo for the ship's weapons. Again, itencompasses the ammo.

ETA: Whoo hoo!! I'm up to two green bars because of this thread.

Quote:
    Granted, I just glanced over the past 4 pages, but I didn't see oneFull Metal Jacket quote. Seriously?? You guys call yourself gun folk?

"How can you shoot women and children?"
    "Easy, you just don't lead them so much."

"If they run, they're VC. If they stay still, they're well disciplined VC."

and of course....

"This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun!"

Quote:
    More evidence that most people are friggin mindless sheep.

Quote:
    Chuck Norris' primary export is pain.

Quote:
    I prefer cats because:
    No need to walk them.
    No need to portion meals out for them (they eat until they are full andstop). I usually get those huge food dispensers and a giant water bowland I only have to top them off about once a week.
    No need to let them out.... ever. They crap in a box.
    In general, cat fur is softer than dog hair.

Quote:
    Which is a sign of stupidity, doing whatever someone tells you noquestions asked or doing whatever you want? If you say the first, thenpunch yourself in the face, if you don't then you're dumb. ;)

I have seen dogs eat rocks, run repeatedly into walls, and other retarded things too.

Animals in general are dumb. Cats just crack me the hell up.

Quote:
    IIRC craptacular is also a new word in the dictionary.

Hmm someone needs to tell firefox that as it just red underlined it.

Quote:
    People throwing butts in the streets bothers me, but the times I haveseen people throw their butts on the ground at nicely kept private gunranges/clubs REALLY bothers me. I have even been a taddle tale on themto the club because it just pisses me off. We have a nice, clean, safeplace to shoot and they go throwing trash on the ground like a frigginslob.

Quote:
    I will keep sharing this little secret with people as it is too cool.With any tip up Spyderco (actually any of them with a thumb hole, whichis probably 99% of them), put a small zip tie on the top of the holeand cut off the excess. The left over little tab will act as a Emersonwave opener allowing you to open the blade as you draw it from yourpocket. If you don't like it, cut it off. ;)

Quote:
    My AR = Jeanie (a play on the Eugene Stoner's name)
    My AK = Mika (a play on Mikhail)

Quote:
    IIRC sjstill did that with his P32 in Shay's class. It too went through the target.

Jimbo our prayers are with you as you take care of your family.[/quote]

I am sorry to say I never had the pleasure. I did read some of his posts and reply's here. He sounded like one hell of a guy. My condolences and prayers to the family....JC

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Wow, I enjoyed his posting on other forums before ingo was even around, even more so once I realized he was "local" when ingo started. Sad, sad day and I hope his family is doing ok in this tough time.

So sorry to hear this.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    For Your Information,

In addition to INGO, a "sticky" regarding his passing has been posted up on Glocktalk.com, one of the other sites he was an active member of.

-J-

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Thank you to all who have replied. We are appreciate the honor of the banner and the posting on other sites. Yes, he was a truly remarkable person and a joy to have as a son. Thank you for posting the picture of us at the MotoGP. It is one of my favorites. I'm the old guy with gray hair, Eric is the young happy one on the right. The world has lost a really great person.
    Jimbo-Indy

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thank you to all who have replied. We are appreciate the honor of the banner and the posting on other sites. Yes, he was a truly remarkable person and a joy to have as a son. Thank you for posting the picture of us at the MotoGP. It is one of my favorites. I'm the old guy with gray hair, Eric is the young happy one on the right. The world has lost a really great person.
    Jimbo-Indy

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

Jim our middle daughter has the exact same birth date as Eric. I cannot pretend to know your loss but you are in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless Eric and his family. Eric will be sadly missed but not forgotten. Rest in Peace, My Friend

Last edited:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    This is very sad news. I was fortunate to meet Eric when he purchased a firearm from me sometime ago. While I was there, Eric and his father showed me another love that they both shared, that being motorcycles. A kind and generous man he was. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom