• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Muhammad elsewhere encouraged his men to marry “young girls” for sexual pleasure:
    "Allah's Apostle said to me, "Have you got married O Jabir?" I replied, "Yes." He asked "What, a virgin or a matron?" I replied, "Not a virgin but a matron." He said, "Why did you not marry a young girl who would have fondled with you?" (Bukhari 59:382)
    Lest there be any doubt by what he meant by “young,” Muhammad set the example by marrying and having sex with Aisha when she was only 9-years-old:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: “Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine.” (Sahih Muslim 3309) This is confirmed in many other hadith as well.
    According to the most reliable traditions, Aisha brought her dolls to Muhammad’s house for play (Muslim 3341) and he would fondle the little girl in the tub while taking baths with her (Bukhari 6:298). Aisha was just a teenager by the time Muhammad died, but she had already spent over half her life in marriage to himEven worse for Muslims is that part of the Quran was actually "revealed" while Muhammad was in bed with this little girl:
    [Muhammad said] "…the Divine Inspirations do not come to me on any of the beds except that of Aisha." (Bukhari 47:755)

This is from a website debunking Muhammed myths. I guess you could read it however you like much the Christians and the Bible?

In regards to Aisha's age. Nobody really knows exactly what age she was. Many different sources have different opinions based on many different pieces of information. But the views range from 6 years old to 19 years old at time of consummated marriage. As far as the Hadith you have quoted, I will quickly address that. There is a huge collection of Hadith but only Hadith that cites Islamic law, or specific teachings of Muhammad were as thoroughly vetted before complied. Hadith, such as this one, that has nothing to do with teachings of Islam or Islamic law where not held to same standard. So in this case a man said he heard Aisha say this statement and then told another man who recorded it. I'm not completely discrediting this or any Hadith am just explaining the differences or issues, if you will, with some readings from them. I'm a pretty moderate Muslim too btw, so I don't take every thing so literal and to extremes in religion as others may.

But Hadith aside, there are many very educated religious scholars (both Muslim and non Muslim) that have concluded that Aisha was more like 13 years of age (at a minimum) but up to 19 years of age. With the average and pretty commonly agreed age being 15 at time of marriage. And in those times 15 was not unusual for marriage at all, in many different cultures. The explanations as to how this age was determined can be found pretty easy. Here is a brief, common explanation of her age. (Much more details left out in interest of saving reading time).

“A great misconception prevails as to the age at which Aisha was taken in marriage by the Prophet. Ibn Sa‘d has stated in the Tabaqat that when Abu Bakr [father of Aisha] was approached on behalf of the Holy Prophet, he replied that the girl had already been betrothed to Jubair, and that he would have to settle the matter first with him. This shows that Aisha must have been approaching majority at the time. Again, the Isaba, speaking of the Prophet’s daughter Fatima, says that she was born five years before the Call and was about five years older than Aisha. This shows that Aisha must have been about ten years at the time of her betrothal to the Prophet, and not six years as she is generally supposed to be. This is further borne out by the fact that Aisha herself is reported to have stated that when the chapter [of the Holy Quran] entitled The Moon, the fifty-fourth chapter, was revealed, she was a girl playing about and remembered certain verses then revealed. Now the fifty-fourth chapter was undoubtedly revealed before the sixth year of the Call. All these considerations point to but one conclusion, viz., that Aisha could not have been less than ten years of age at the time of her nikah, which was virtually only a betrothal. And there is one report in the Tabaqat that Aisha was nine years of age at the time of nikah. Again it is a fact admitted on all hands that the nikah of Aisha took place in the tenth year of the Call in the month of Shawwal, while there is also preponderance of evidence as to the consummation of her marriage taking place in the second year of Hijra in the same month, which shows that full five years had elapsed between the nikah and the consummation. Hence there is not the least doubt that Aisha was at least nine or ten years of age at the time of betrothal, and fourteen or fifteen years at the time of marriage.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom