• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not a runner, but a serious squatter. I can't really complain much since he's paid his dues here. Long time member, over 800 posts, 2 referrals. Not a site supporter.

Everyday he fills at least a page with things to sell though. Uggh. Wish there was a limit for consecutive sales.

View attachment 45191

Rant off.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Not a runner, but a serious squatter. I can't really complain much since he's paid his dues here. Long time member, over 800 posts, 2 referrals. Not a site supporter.

Everyday he fills at least a page with things to sell though. Uggh. Wish there was a limit for consecutive sales.

View attachment 45191

Rant off.

I figured he would pop up in here after I saw all the FS ads get bumped at the same time. Are they not allowed to list one for sale ad with multiple items in it?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I figured he would pop up in here after I saw all the FS ads get bumped at the same time. Are they not allowed to list one for sale ad with multiple items in it?

Some people do list multiple things, but that lead to other problems. Those threads sometimes get bumped multiple times with different people buying different things at different times. If everything but a single item or 2 sells then the complete ad title is stuck. You can edit the actual ad but not the title. If you name the title something like 'S&W 19, 66, 629 and several Colts along with a Taurus" and all your Smiths & Colts sell and you are left with a thread title advertising those but only have a Taurus. It's usually better to do one or two guns per thread. Accessories are usually a bit different. The grouping isn't as bad as long as the items are related, they usually sell well like that.

Let me make it clear as well. I'm not trying to call out the seller. As far as I can tell (without opening each and every ad) he has done nothing wrong and isn't violating any rules. It's just the third day in a row where I open up a new posts page and get smacked with a full page of ads from the same person. It's just irritating and today I feel like a cat that's been petted backwards all day. It's a good case for an active seller limit for someone that isn't a site supporter. Would love to see no more than 5 active at the same time for non supporters. Need more than 5 at a time then close one. A family emergency or financial crisis then there should be a way to have that bypassed with permission. I understand things happen and people sometimes have to liquidate.

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It looks like he is liquidating a collection.
    We saw this come up.
    Nice guns.
    A bit salty on the asking price IMHO.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When I saw his WTS posts come up I looked at his post history. I only went back a few pages, but before the flurry of WTS posts there was a lot of posts in a lot of threads. Looks to me like he's selling off his collection as well. Personally, I'd say that in my WTS threads, but that's just me.

I hope it's not because of hard times, because that sucks.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    When I saw his WTS posts come up I looked at his post history. I only went back a few pages, but before the flurry of WTS posts there was a lot of posts in a lot of threads. Looks to me like he's selling off his collection as well. Personally, I'd say that in my WTS threads, but that's just me.

I hope it's not because of hard times, because that sucks.

I can only go back for 3 days then I get the 'no more results' message. For me, every post except 1 is a WTS post. I looked at his post areas and there are lots of normal posts and not many classified posts. Overall a good member and I hope he's not having to liquidate due to hard times as well. That's a personal and private thing for many. INGO is a good place with good members and we help out when we can. Lots of nice Smiths but none of them are really to my taste. I was eyeballing that anti-bigfoot Smith 19 but took too long. I didn't figure it would last.

Again, I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers and meant nothing personal against the seller. Been a bad day all around for me and it just rubbed me the wrong way at the time. Wish him the best of luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom