• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IRISH1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    South Bend
    So why do anti gun psychotics and the media jump so quickly to stricter gun laws? well simply to avoid the truth. Lack of mental health treatment and over medicating patients, combined with the lack of government focus to relieve the problem. As for the anti-gun psychotics....they want to blame guns so they are not the blame....they are all psychotic and care more about getting rid of guns than anything else. Forget that our debt is increasing because the government gives more of our hard earned money to the lazy leaches and then raizes our taxes.....guess the real issues will never be settled since we have to appease the psychotic anti-gun government....long live poverty!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    no.. its the parents.. plain and simple.

i'm quite serious, the most recent situation, the mother knew the kid was a nutjob and did nothing.. columbine.. they let the kids play violent games and dress like marilyn manson.

"OH NO HE WAS SUCH A SWEET NORMAL KID".. yeah.. most sociopaths are.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

i'm quite serious, the most recent situation, the mother knew the kid was a nutjob and did nothing.. columbine.. they let the kids play violent games and dress like marilyn manson.

Uh oh, my kids have been playing those violent video games for years and I watched bugs bunny and wile e coyote hitting people with hammers and anvils, we are all doomed....................

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Uh oh, my kids have been playing those violent video games for years and I watched bugs bunny and wile e coyote hitting people with hammers and anvils, we are all doomed....................

It's a wonder my brother and lived to see a Saturday afternoon after watching Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Saturday morning.

And when I think of those 3 Stooges reruns, I shudder.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I'm not so sure that's completely accurate. Take this for the source that it is, but the radio news tonight said that a neighbor who was familiar with the family claimed that the mother had been planning to have him committed to a psychiatric treatment facility. It was this knowledge that supposedly acted as a (the?) trigger for Friday's events.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

yeah.. and i have too.. but i also jumped off my porch with an umbrella at age 8

i love violent video games, i have for ages. however, you can't sit here and say that violent media doesn't desensitize us.. and further, there is a HUGE number of teens and young adults in this world who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality.. go ahead, tell any HS couple their love isn't going to last for eternity.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Irish has a point. Here is an example: The state of Indiana was going to stop the "carnage on the highways". To make the highways safer, they put in place an auto safety inspection that was just mostly a pain in the neck and a tax. These "government approved" safe vehicles kept killing just as many people. Finally they went after drunk drivers.....guess what, less people were getting killed. Cowardly leaders always go after inanimate objects. Foolish sheep follow them.

It is time to tell people the truth. If someone is a nut job, those who are leaders need to declare "YOU'RE A NUT JOB, YOU CAN'T HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AND PRIVLEGES AS NORMAL PRODUCTIVE CITIZENS" It is not the rifles fault, it is a persons fault. And the nutjobs and their family members need to just accept the facts. If people only know excuses and have no accountability, why would you expect them to act right?

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    It's easier to blame the guns than to blame the parents for not realizing their children have problems and need to be monitored.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I'm not so sure that's completely accurate. Take this for the source that it is, but the radio news tonight said that a neighbor who was familiar with the family claimed that the mother had been planning to have him committed to a psychiatric treatment facility. It was this knowledge that supposedly acted as a (the?) trigger for Friday's events.

story from the kids babysitter, the mother knew he was nutso for 15 years or so.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ex-...-mother-cautioned-dont-turn-your-back-on-him/

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    yeah.. and i have too.. but i also jumped off my porch with an umbrella at age 8

i love violent video games, i have for ages. however, you can't sit here and say that violent media doesn't desensitize us.. and further, there is a HUGE number of teens and young adults in this world who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality.. go ahead, tell any HS couple their love isn't going to last for eternity.
    Umbrella age 8 huh? I will not make fun of people on the internet, I will not make fun of people on the internet :laugh:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    So on one side we have people who blame the guns, and on the other side we have people that blame video games and music. I am so screwed. I have many guns, and have been playing violent video games for over half my life. I own every Grand Theft Auto ever invented. I also listen to Marilyn Manson, and have seen him live, along with many other bands that I guess make people kill other people.

At least now I know if I ever go on a rampage that it wasnt my fault, it was the music, video games, and the guns fault.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    The story doesn't say that at all.

What would you have had her do? And on what, exactly, do you base that suggestion? I think there is an assload of assumption and guessing going on.
    Of course there is, we also must assume he played violent video games and listened to bad music. Who cares that there are millions of other kids that play the same video games and listen to the same music that dont kill anybody.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana

You seem to be blaming the video games much like the Government is blaming the guns!? I would agree that there is the possibility of desensitization when a child plays a violent video game, and there is the same when a child hunts and learns to kill an animal. But the difference is the parent teaching their child what is right and wrong and teaching when killing is necessary, much like killing a deer for some meat in the freezer. It is **** poor parenting that is the problem, not video games or music. And I am also happily married to my high school sweetheart, so sometimes love does last for eternity.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    You seem to be blaming the video games much like the Government is blaming the guns!? I would agree that there is the possibility of desensitization when a child plays a violent video game, and there is the same when a child hunts and learns to kill an animal. But the difference is the parent teaching their child what is right and wrong and teaching when killing is necessary, much like killing a deer for some meat in the freezer. It is **** poor parenting that is the problem, not video games or music. And I am also happily married to my high school sweetheart, so sometimes love does last for eternity.
    +1. Someone always wants to blame an object for some reason, I will never get it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    the entire point of my argument is, kids, children, teens, and young adults don't know the difference between fantasy and reality.

i imitated Wyle. E. Coyote in my childhood. dumbassery at its finest. my dad looked down and said.. "won't do that again will ya"

now kids imitate Grand Theft Auto. i loved GTA. played em in my 20s. i also loved Lola on my NES, which taught puzzle solving skills. guess what.. i like enjoying puzzles now.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So why do anti gun psychotics and the media jump so quickly to stricter gun laws? well simply to avoid the truth. Lack of mental health treatment and over medicating patients, combined with the lack of government focus to relieve the problem. As for the anti-gun psychotics....they want to blame guns so they are not the blame....they are all psychotic and care more about getting rid of guns than anything else. Forget that our debt is increasing because the government gives more of our hard earned money to the lazy leaches and then raizes our taxes.....guess the real issues will never be settled since we have to appease the psychotic anti-gun government....long live poverty!

Well said as well as obvious to many that value the 2nd amendment. The anti-gun lunatics always want to avert the blame to the tool instead of the criminal welding the tool. Its simple rejection of accepting responsibility for actions and blaming an object.

I pointed out in another thread that when I was in high school here in Indianapolis we had a gun range in the basement of the school (Howe HS east side) never an incident that I am aware of. So what is the difference? We were actually raised by parents and thus taught how to be responsible parents? I miss the age of responsibility. Now you don't even have to take responsibility for the children you spawn. Have has many as you want the state will pay you every month for them like cattle and at the end of the year the federal government will give you a bonus for their existence in the form of a tax refund, even if you paid no tax's. Isn't America grand????

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    the entire point of my argument is, kids, children, teens, and young adults don't know the difference between fantasy and reality.

i imitated Wyle. E. Coyote in my childhood. dumbassery at its finest. my dad looked down and said.. "won't do that again will ya"

now kids imitate Grand Theft Auto. i loved GTA. played em in my 20s. i also loved Lola on my NES, which taught puzzle solving skills. guess what.. i like enjoying puzzles now.

I played violent video games in my early teens. I watched violent movies, and cartoons as well. I was raised on GTA, rock music, boxing, guns and hunting. Yet I have never went on a rampage, nor have I ever killed a single person. My parents taught me right from wrong, and anyone who thinks a video game will make a bad person is no better than people who blames guns for every rampage.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I played violent video games in my early teens. I watched violent movies, and cartoons as well. I was raised on GTA, rock music, boxing, guns and hunting. Yet I have never went on a rampage, nor have I ever killed a single person. My parents taught me right from wrong, and anyone who thinks a video game will make a bad person is no better than people who blames guns for every rampage.

... unless thats all you know. im a millenial that actually had parentage, and a farm background. without it id be as self absorbed and indulgent as the entitled twats out society.

Top Bottom