• ...and so much more!
  • mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Small
    Conceable if is it tucked away for an impromptu forced march out of dodge

Something you can hide under an old dress coat sinnce not everyone buys their winter clothes from sportsmansguide

I am thinking the sub2000 may be the hot setu
    9mm
    Folds up to fit in a low key greyman pack instead of some earlestock gun blanket
    Goes To work in glock shoes

And if it ****s the bed riding around behind the seat in you truck you are only out a few benjis

So what is the newness for a refuge rifle (you know, assume you are carrying
    All the time and all the ammo until a self served field resupply)

Purpose of th gun us easy to carry / conceal. Manageable weight with a good supply foe rounds, simple action, infrequent periods of heavy use, a rfugee rifle is to get you out of a situation

What else is out there

I prefer 9mm in this scenario

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The last time I saw any of those around here was at a gun show in Fort Wayne about two years ago. Do they still sell them anywhere? Just curious.

Heck yeah! They come up for sale on here from time to time. You can order one for around $375. I just sold mine the other day to buy something else. I will definitely get another one someday.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Gotta go with the quality auto .22. Nylon 66 or Ruger 10/22. Light, fast and a game getter in professional hands, but not "evil black" enough to draw a lot of attention from people whose area you pass through. Add a GLOCK 22 w/ shoulder stock under your jacket, and you should be OK.

I think a refugee has to look tough enough you don't want to pick on him, but not so battle ready they are seen as a threat or potential weapon upgrade.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I'm with DanO on the 10/22. You can carry a LOT of 22's on your person without drawing attention. Not so much with the 7.62's... Maybe the 9mm.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Just my two cents for what it's worth. I prefer to carry an AR7. It's a .22 survival rifle that packs up in it's own stock. And carry a small Berreta Bobcat .22. Both guns are easily concealed and I can carry alot more ammo.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Just my two cents for what it's worth. I prefer to carry an AR7. It's a .22 survival rifle that packs up in it's own stock. And carry a small Berreta Bobcat .22. Both guns are easily concealed and I can carry alot more ammo.

or a marlin papoose, comes with a floating case and i have heard some things about the AR7 being a picky eater, as for a handgun i would prefer a center fire handgun for reliability, glock 17 or 19 (my preferences from limited experiences), 9mm isn't too heavy and would work a bit better than .22 lr lol especially if you are having to fight off some crack head or other medically induced zombie :ar15:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I think a refugee has to look tough enough you don't want to pick on him, but not so battle ready they are seen as a threat or potential weapon upgrade.

Don't think people think about this enough! Just sit back and snipe them for the goodies... Who in their right mind would ever assault anyone...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    for conceal-ability IMO whatever you choose I would put a folding stock on it. SBR draco with a folding stock would fit that bill well, for .22 I would probably use a 10/22 charger.:twocents:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    or a marlin papoose, comes with a floating case and i have heard some things about the AR7 being a picky eater, as for a handgun i would prefer a center fire handgun for reliability, glock 17 or 19 (my preferences from limited experiences), 9mm isn't too heavy and would work a bit better than .22 lr lol especially if you are having to fight off some crack head or other medically induced zombie :ar15:

I totally agree with you and I would carry my 9mm if possible, but if I was forced to bug out and had to limit what I could carry, I would have to choose to carry the .22. I would have common ammo for both the rifle and pistol and plenty of it and I would be carrying less weight. No, I wouldn't have the stopping power of the 9mm. I would just have to make up for that by using my head and going into stealth mode.

I really hate to do that. Using my head makes my brain hurt. :n00b:

Top Bottom