• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    SBR'ed (or not, its almost short enough as it is) PS90. I thought they were a novelty gun until I started shooting one. Small as all get out, the rounds pack a hell of a punch, 50 round mags mean you can shoot a good long time before having to swap over to a new one, able to be shot with one hand (almost zero recoil).

Yeah, ammo is hard to find, but it packs far more punch than a 9/45 and you can carry a lot of it in 2-3 mags in a backpack.

T-Bolt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Springfield Armory M-6 Scout. .22 over .410 with a wide range of .410 rounds you can take down anything. One pin breaks it into two pieces and it stores ammo in the butt. Very durable.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    would love to have an M-6! Springfield is very proud of those unfortunately... lots of money! I have a Draco, love it, but would however opt for a 10/22 or charger pistol. preferably with a can! Only based on the amount of ammo i could carry in a pair of cargo shorts... Maybe a Charger SBR w/ can...... :)

indytoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    stealthy = healthy

If you're really a refugee, and seeking refuge, then you need to be traveling, and safe passage suggests looking as undesireable-to-stop as possible. That could mean looking big-n-bad, or destitute.

If going the destitute route, a GLOCK hides nicely, and a SUB2000 in GLOCK shoots well from constrained spaces, such as inside a car. AND as noted, you can conceal it easily inside a coat -- it's two full seconds away from deployment, if hung under the right armpit -- and you have instant access to accuracy sharper than that fat "blade" front sight, and with a little planning, 33 rounds ready to go.

(Oh, and let's not forget that the GLOCK and SUB2000 trade magazines, if need be -- your access to reloads AND manueverable arms is complete.)

Oh, and lastly, the 9x19 round is not something so godawful big that you need to worry (too much) about collateral damage (compared to the quickly/glibly suggested rifle rounds). and are much easier to carry than others. And they'll certainly sound more official than the glorified air-rifle .22LR.

Some thoughts, anyway. It was my vote many years ago, and I revisit it whenever I get a firearm jones.

("Oh look! Here's a jones now!")

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Oh, and lastly, the 9x19 round is not something so godawful big that you need to worry (too much) about collateral damage (compared to the quickly/glibly suggested rifle rounds). and are much easier to carry than others. And they'll certainly sound more official than the glorified air-rifle .22LR.

While I agree the Sub2K is an effective and quite handy weapon, I have to question the line of thinking. If I am REALLY a refugee, I don't think I'm going to care too much about collateral damage. (e.g. buildings, materiel, etc.) I'm moving, I'm not looking to stop any place for any length of time until I hit my destination. Unless you suppress, you've already called attention to yourself.

I want something that if I have a potential threat, I can drop it with as few rounds as possible, switch mags to top off, and be back on my way.

Rifle round > pistol round. Every. Single. time.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I with the .22 crowd. lots of ammo, small, and with a little practice, can be very effective. I'm looking into the ar-7 myself.
    Have one, and its accompanying Explorer II pistol. The rifle is quite accurate even with just iron sights. The pistol not so much - it is not well balanced and acts like an oversized underpowered Mauser broomhandle.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom