• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    :twocents: really not sure how you would react until u was in the situation.my life or my familys life would really have to be in danger for me to pull my weapon.but hey hopefully i will never have to find out.:twocents:

I have no desire to see someone die, nor any desire to deal with the possible legal ramifications of killing someone. However, if I am ever forced into a situation by a violent armed criminal where it is possible that an innocent victim will die, I sincerely pray that I will have the intestinal fortitude to do everything in my power to make sure the good guys go home to their families at the end of the day. I simply could not live with myself, knowing that I had the power to save someone's life and instead chose to watch them die, especially if that person had not done anything wrong. I've felt that way for a long time, long before I ever started carrying a handgun. My weapon simply allows me to act from a greater distance with less risk of me getting hurt in the process.

Is the sheepdog mentality truly dead?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I live near this... was running errands Saturday and knew something was up... Parking lot was empty and all employees were standing in a circle outside by the doors. Good thing Saturday wasn't oil change day, or I probably would have been there.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Indianapolis metro police spokeswoman Catherine Cummings said it’s unusual for an alleged robber to become a victim in his own crime.
    "This is a rare occurrence, and I would encourage anyone who finds themselves in a position where a robbery may be occurring to actually comply with what the suspect is asking for. This is not typical. However, in this particular situation, it seems to have worked out for everyone involved,” Cummings said.

:scratch::bs:
    Really??? A rare occurence??? I think that someone needs to educate this spokes person on just how many times a year personal firearms are used in self defence.

:soapbox:
    Oh, and just because he got shot whilst comitting a crime, DOES NOT MAKE HIM A VICTIM!!!!!!! HE IS STILL A CRIMINAL!!!!
    And about the "just comply" bit.... go **** up a rope.

:ranton:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Check out this gem of a comment, from the org. thread link.

Posted by Diana:

And what if 3 or 4 of you handgun carrying customers began shooting at the thief? How many customers would you idiots have then hurt/kill? AutoZone has insurance-let the thief have the freaking money & keep your guns at home, please! You don't like my comment? Wait until some gun freak tries to stop a crime & your innocent family member gets killed by some wanna-be Lone Ranger!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Check out this gem of a comment, from the org. thread link.

Posted by Diana:

And what if 3 or 4 of you handgun carrying customers began shooting at the thief? How many customers would you idiots have then hurt/kill? AutoZone has insurance-let the thief have the freaking money & keep your guns at home, please! You don't like my comment? Wait until some gun freak tries to stop a crime & your innocent family member gets killed by some wanna-be Lone Ranger!

That's the kind of thinking that will empower the criminals. It is so sad that a person gets killed in a raceing accident. Been robbed before, even had guy try the old finger in the pocket pretending it was gun before. Takeing away our guns will just make COWARDS more BOLD.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    :scratch::bs:
    Really??? A rare occurence??? I think that someone needs to educate this spokes person on just how many times a year personal firearms are used in self defence.

:soapbox:
    Oh, and just because he got shot whilst comitting a crime, DOES NOT MAKE HIM A VICTIM!!!!!!! HE IS STILL A CRIMINAL!!!!
    And about the "just comply" bit.... go **** up a rope.

:ranton:
    Remember... The police are in the "crime-stopping" business (although, it seems they generally show up AFTER a crime has been committed), and nobody likes someone else horning in on their business. As a group, the police will never advocate stopping a criminal on your own. Now, just imagine how the department's public affairs office would have spun it if it was an off-duty police officer who had shot the crook. He be hailed as a hero. Do you really think the cop would "just comply"?

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Posted by Diana:

And what if 3 or 4 of those handgun carrying criminals began shooting at the customer? How many customers would those idiots have then hurt/kill? AutoZone has insurance-let the thief have the freaking money & keep your guns at home, please! You don't like my comment? Wait until some gun freak Kills your innocent family member then don't cry about someone not having their handgun

There diana fixed that for you. I'm not creating yet another account to respond to her.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I used my facebook account to respond...

"@Diana: I'm sure the Pharmacy in the linked article had insurance as well... That didn't do anything to protect the customers that were murdered... http://www.upi.com/Top_News/U​S/2011/06/20/4-dead-in-horrib​le-NY-pharmacy-robbery/UPI-42​601308570465/"

Posted by Diana:

And what if 3 or 4 of those handgun carrying criminals began shooting at the customer? How many customers would those idiots have then hurt/kill? AutoZone has insurance-let the thief have the freaking money & keep your guns at home, please! You don't like my comment? Wait until some gun freak Kills your innocent family member then don't cry about someone not having their handgun

There diana fixed that for you. I'm not creating yet another account to respond to her.

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    if its just about insurance and money I want Dianas car insurance policy # so i can get the dents in truck fixed lol people **** me off grow some balls and take care of business

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    :twocents: really not sure how you would react until u was in the situation.my life or my familys life would really have to be in danger for me to pull my weapon.but hey hopefully i will never have to find out.:twocents:

I would never want to be in this situation but if I was in the store I would think my life was in danger. I wouldn't wait for them to aim their gun at me before I decided to shoot.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Now if the perp had been a 5 year old girl--John Perry could have had his gun taken from him and used on him, right?

Some of those comments just crack me up. "Auto Zone had insurance"

Just a thought, but how do we know that a hold up was all this repeat, violent, felon, offender had in mind? Does Auto Zone's insurance cover death and/or kidnapping as well?

Top Bottom