Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I see people post stuff like this on Facebook, I want to invite them out for a beer so I can spit in their face. Trying to fight jackassary by suggesting (even sarcastically) other things that people could ban is a whole new type of jackassary.

I don't see it that way.
    They're not suggesting something else to ban, because people only want to ban stuff that affect other people.
    They are merely pointing out the holes in the arguement.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Guns%2BHammers.jpg

Actually that would be 323 killed by "Rifles"....of rifles used to kill, only a average of 48 people are killed by the so called evil "Assault Rifle."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Send your kids to church if you want them to learn about whatever religion you think they should follow. Just because you believe in a certain religion doesn't mean everyone else in your community does and unless you're going to force all religions on kids in school, you shouldn't force any on them.

I'd much rather see a change that takes schools back to actually teaching subjects instead of teaching for tests. Let the parents be responsible enough to handle teaching morals and religion, if they so choose.

The first schools AND colleges in America taught the Bible.....how much viloence were in the schools then, as compared to today? I rest my case.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The first schools AND colleges in America taught the Bible.....how much viloence were in the schools then, as compared to today? I rest my case.

and it was still against the constition then. that whole seperation of church and state thing is pretty cut and dry.

its not the schools job to teach right and wrong, its the parents

i think you would have a hard time finding a teacher that doesnt try and teach right and wrong anyways just through day to day interation.

the problem isnt with religion being in schools, the problem is with parents not doing their job.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Public schools DO still teach religion. They teach moral realitivism and secular humanism. They teach that anything that has been good for centuries is now bad. They teach that things forbidden in the past are no not only acceptable, but preferred. They DO teach religion and moralities. It is just the brand they teach destroy the family, the community and America.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Public schools DO still teach religion. They teach moral realitivism and secular humanism. They teach that anything that has been good for centuries is now bad. They teach that things forbidden in the past are no not only acceptable, but preferred. They DO teach religion and moralities. It is just the brand they teach destroy the family, the community and America.

Your right teacher accross the country are encouraging teenagers to have sex, and to do their best to do everything that was once innapropriate.

there is NO WAY they even ATTEMPT to teach things such as teamwork, or puncuality.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    and it was still against the constition then. that whole seperation of church and state thing is pretty cut and dry.

Actually this misrepresentation is a figment of twentieth century progressivism's imagination and serves as an illustration of the theory that if you tell the big lie long enough, people will come to believe it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Your rant does not change the meaning of the sign one bit. Sorry you wasted 88 words and missed the point.

There point I draw from that little picture is that people want to spit out kids without being personally responsible. Teach them the morals you want them to follow, teach them how you think they should live, and help the schools teach them about all that fancy book learnin'. Schools aren't meant to be babysitters.

Ehh...the Bath School bombing happened when they were teaching all the Bible. Kids fought back then because kids will be kids. You want some school shootings?

History of School Shootings in the United States | K12 Academics

Don't give me some BS about how the Bible makes schools safer. Parents raising their children to be decent people, even though that might take fun time away from mommy and daddy, would do a whole hell of a lot more. People want others to be personally responsible, well...turn off the TV and raise your own kids (not you as in you personally).

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Actually this misrepresentation is a figment of twentieth century progressivism's imagination and serves as an illustration of the theory that if you tell the big lie long enough, people will come to believe it.

TRUE! TRUE!
    The separation of church and state was to keep the STATE out of the CHURCH, not the other way around. The founding fathers believe there were enough competing religious philosophies that no one would dominate and that each would respect the rights of the others to ensure their own rights would be respected.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Don't give me some BS about how the Bible makes schools safer. Parents raising their children to be decent people, even though that might take fun time away from mommy and daddy, would do a whole hell of a lot more. People want others to be personally responsible, well...turn off the TV and raise your own kids (not you as in you personally).

This is pretty much how I feel. On top of....
    Religion is a personal belief. Either you do or don't believe in it. I have offered my daughter many different opportunities to explore her religious beliefs, but I will not force any on her. Therefore I wouldn't want anyone else to force it on her. Personal beliefs should be taught on personal time, not in a public school.

My daughter was raised in a military household and was taught respect and the consequences to her actions. I didn't need religion to teach her those things.

*This is just my opinion and it is not directed towards any individual*

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There point I draw from that little picture is that people want to spit out kids without being personally responsible. Teach them the morals you want them to follow, teach them how you think they should live, and help the schools teach them about all that fancy book learnin'. Schools aren't meant to be babysitters.

Ehh...the Bath School bombing happened when they were teaching all the Bible. Kids fought back then because kids will be kids. You want some school shootings?

History of School Shootings in the United States | K12 Academics

Thanks for proving my point by your own link...did you read it...? Go back an read my quote.....then go read your link.....You do know SCOTUS outlawed open prayer in 63' right? So since prayer an bible were banned has violence increased or not.....according to your link....it has. Like I said...case closed. LOL

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

its not the schools job to teach right and wrong, its the parents

i think you would have a hard time finding a teacher that doesnt try and teach right and wrong anyways just through day to day interation.

the problem isnt with religion being in schools, the problem is with parents not doing their job.

3 supreme court rulings diagree with you, not until a Liberal Supreme court in the 50's was there ever a "seperation of church and state" it was born with Liberal judges, until then there was no such thing ever in the U.S. So it isn't so cut and dry....unless your a liberal.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Thanks for proving my point by your own link...did you read it...? Go back an read my quote.....then go read your link.....You do know SCOTUS outlawed open prayer in 63' right? So since prayer an bible were banned has violence increased or not.....according to your link....it has. Like I said...case closed. LOL

Sorry but school violence has been around since the 1700s. Part of why it has increased since 1963 could be because of the population rising and lack of decent parenting. If you think a book about a wizard and unicorns has anything to do with keeping schools safe, you're delusional. Raise your kids not to be little morons that automatically default to violence when they don't get their way. Raise your kids instead of expecting someone else to do it for you. Like I said, personal responsibility...case closed.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I can't believe you counted them, took me 18.:laugh:

I was really bored... ;)

I think you are still missing the point of the sign. See post #21 for an explanation.

Try putting your disdain for God/Religion/Separation of Church and State/Lack of Separation of Church and State or whatever it is that is keeping you from seeing the humor/irony of it and it might make you smile for second instead of making you so very angry. I really hope your day gets better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom