• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Now I must hasten to my demesnes, for the agents of SMERSH mayhap be skulking about with ill-intent for all purple pachyderms.
    :):
    Draw the bridge, fill the moat, man the parapets. For no one is safe from an organization that does not tolerate failure. Especially if they suspect you of engaging in peace negotiations or fraternization with that Englishman who has proven most troublesome, appears with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season, and continues to defy all efforts to plan an amusing death for him.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think this is actually an interesting piece. The part I find most frustrating, though, is the lack of internal logic.

I mean, let's say it is true that the final wording of the 2A was heavily influenced by southern politicians that wanted to preserve the "slave patrols." So what? Within that argument is the tacit acknowledgement that, if the slaves had access to firearms, they probably could have successfully pursued an insurrection. That would have been a bad thing?

It seems like, to the extent there is a conclusion, it isn't really supported by the article itself.

Top Bottom