The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have warmed significantly to Trump as time has gone on and his plans gained more detail and he gained a more Presidential composure.

FTFY

Reagan signed amnesty legislation in exchange foe a wall that was never funded.

I don't personally see fighting the war on the spread of communism in the western hemisphere a fiasco. There is a little document titled the Monroe Doctrine.

The trumped up hearings did turn out to be a democrat fiasco.

There was no wall "promised" in the bill there was punishment for employers who hired illegals, but was virtually unenforceable. It also wasn't just the Dems, it had wide bi-partisan support, and the bill did provide for increased border security.

What document is titled "the Monroe Doctrine"? You do know that it comes from a small section of President Monroe's annual address and isn't a stand alone "document" right? Also what exactly does the Monroe Doctrine have to do with internal conflicts in a Central American country and a Middle Eastern one?

I must say, I'm surprised, and dismayed that no one else called out this nonsense, which illustrates blind devotion to a party, at the expense of our nation's laws. If you believe this about Reagan, and Iran-Contra, well there's nothing I can do to convince you of how wrong you are.

I agree. And I could think of a few more mistakes by Reagan than just one. Supporting Noriega, Saddam, etc. Arming what would become al queda. Negotiating/capitulating with terrorists. Etc. Heck I might even include the FOPA in his mistakes.

Well Kut You've read about it, I lived through it.

I realize that your generation was brought up in fear of man made global warming, but my generation lived in fear of man made thermonuclear war. Kind of like man made global warming, only on a more drastic timeline.

I think you may have a few years on me, but I grew up in the same. I remember when the scientists were predicting a new ice age and I should be within eyesight of a glacier right now.

How old do you think he is?

BTW, I came of age during Iran-Contra and Kut's pretty much right about the facts. He extrapolates somewhat different conclusions from mine, but he's not wrong.

Pretty much.

Man you guys are old

Dang whippersnapper.

I prefer "experienced".

That works.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well Kut You've read about it, I lived through it.

I realize that your generation was brought up in fear of man made global warming, but my generation lived in fear of man made thermonuclear war. Kind of like man made global warming, only on a more drastic timeline.

I'm not knocking your experiences. But Americans, for the preservation of our way, can never be ok with "the ends justify the means."

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Now I'd like to ask for you to provide examples of this "*****ing, whining, or crying".

Really curious which posts you think reflect this description.

I would be very curious to see this as well, even in the carrier thread I thought it was mostly focused on policy, didn't see emotions outweighing logic that heavily.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's about 15 pages worth in the original thread.......
    Yep. I believe I even called him out on breathlessly running into the thread posting every little thing Trump said and the handwringing that always followed it early on which I'm sure promptly got me placed on ignore.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Speaking of delicate sensibilities...... how many people do you have to have on an ignore list to quantify that?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep. I believe I even called him out on breathlessly running into the thread posting every little thing Trump said and the handwringing that always followed it early on which I'm sure promptly got me placed on ignore.

I didn't follow terribly closely but was it emotional? *****ing and crying?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Leo's an environmental scholar? Or is Trump just holding court?

No idea about Leo, but the guy that was with him has some chops at least.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Tamminen

Seasoned!

Heck no. That reminds me too much of a thread from a few years back. It degenerated into eating your neighbor if SHTF/TEOTWAWKIWTFBBQ happened, along with a discussion of body types associated with it. I'm too close to being perfect, enough marbling to be tender and juicy, but not enough to be seriously unhealthy.

There is no shortage of it in this thread. I'll hold off on conversations about policy and goings-on until the man takes office and actually begins his term. If he does stupid **** I'll call him on it, if he does good **** I'll give him credit.

Yeah, I don't get that. The man is making decisions every day regarding his presidency. And that's the way it is supposed to be.

Already, his proffered SecDef requires Congressional action before Trump is even sworn in. It doesn't make sense to ignore what he's actually doing until some magical moment during his inauguration.

Agreed. I like his proposed SecDef, but I hope he has a backup in mind just in case.

He's already taking on the job, is it verboten to talk about his actions now? Where do you stand on his incessant use of twitter?

Dang Phylo, you're making me agree with Kut and Tlex both with one post. Give a guy a break.

I had those!

But not an 8 track..... those guys.... are old.

I helped install a 8 track in the mid 80's. Guy found a NIB Pioneer super tuner 8track, and was putting it in a early 70's Charger. It worked well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. Didn't know much about him. Looks like he helped Romney. Interesting pick for Labor. With the fast food background, I wonder what he thinks about all the "living wage" issues.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. Didn't know much about him. Looks like he helped Romney. Interesting pick for Labor. With the fast food background, I wonder what he thinks about all the "living wage" issues.

Puzder opposes raising min wage and has replaced some fast food workers w/machines.

In 2001, Puzder's CKE Restaurants spent $53,829.96 hiring a union buster to try to persuade employees not to vote for a union.

He's said: "The feds can mandate a higher wage, but some jobs don’t produce enough economic value to bear the increase."

He also opposed Obama's overtime rule.

I don't necessarily see anything bad about any of this stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom