The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Forced insuring of adults from 18-26 as children is a huge contributor to making Obamacare insurance unaffordable. What age do a lot of young women have children?

It has also grown us a generation of entitled triggered snowflakes. The responsibility of buying one's own health insurance is a part of adulthood, so we don't ask our youth to be adults until 26?

I'll bet my wife is about typical when it comes to right leaning, largely conservative, yet not a policy wonk type person. She knows, at a high level, that ObamaCare is bad. She's seen, like many of the rest of you, our rates go up and coverage go down. But she loves the fact she can keep our kids on our policy until they turn 26. We've talked about this before and she would not be happy if the kids were all of a sudden left uncovered.

This is a problem for the republicans (not the mention the pre-existing conditions part). Killing these two things will probably cost them dearly when the stories start hitting about young adults dying because they were forced off mom and dad's policies and/or that middle aged mom dying because her new policy wouldn't cover her diabetes problem. And we all know the news broadcasts will be leading every night for months with these tear-jerking sob stories. They'd better figure out a way to handle it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll bet my wife is about typical when it comes to right leaning, largely conservative, yet not a policy wonk type person. She knows, at a high level, that ObamaCare is bad. She's seen, like many of the rest of you, our rates go up and coverage go down. But she loves the fact she can keep our kids on our policy until they turn 26. We've talked about this before and she would not be happy if the kids were all of a sudden left uncovered.

This is a problem for the republicans (not the mention the pre-existing conditions part). Killing these two things will probably cost them dearly when the stories start hitting about young adults dying because they were forced off mom and dad's policies and/or that middle aged mom dying because her new policy wouldn't cover her diabetes problem. And we all know the news broadcasts will be leading every night for months with these tear-jerking sob stories. They'd better figure out a way to handle it.

You know 20 something year olds can get insurance.
    Getting rid of that provision does not preclude it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    During the ACA debates, I recall a Republican proposal that would end life-time caps and require pre-existing condition coverage. It was "reform" without government takeover.

Probably worth digging that up as a starting point.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indiana has been slightly insulated from the premium increases: (from Oct 16)

Cvxr7vaUAAAbliJ.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indiana has been slightly insulated from the premium increases: (from Oct 16)

Cvxr7vaUAAAbliJ.jpg:large
    BTW, that's a bunch of BS.

Well, statistical BS. I believe at least 1 provider bailed from Indiana and it was a higher-premium vendor. So, it netted out to be a decrease across the plans, but fewer plans available. From what I can tell, a same-same comparison of plans had premiums go up at least 10%, sometimes more.

Oh, and it is only "affordable" to people who are subsidized because they have low income. Middle-class and up get shafted.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ego....Latin for I AM.....coincidence?

Except it isn't, I think. :)

"Sum" is the verb phrase "(I) am." "Ego sum" would be the explicit pronoun form of "I am." But, in Latin it isn't necessary. Cogito ergo sum. "(I) think therefore (I) am."

Or is there a latent joke in there that I'm completely missing. Talking to you about Latin just feels like I'm barking like a fox.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone see Schumers candid comment on Trump? Basically stated intelligence agencies will go after politicians. Strange to hear explicitly stated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"Sum" is the verb phrase "(I) am." "Ego sum" would be the explicit pronoun form of "I am." But, in Latin it isn't necessary. Cogito ergo sum. "(I) think therefore (I) am."

Or is there a latent joke in there that I'm completely missing. Talking to you about Latin just feels like I'm barking like a fox.

D'oh!:facepalm:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    the price of health care needs to go down before so everyone can afford it.......i had a accident back in sept and was in the ER for little under 3 hours and my insurance was billed for $12,500.00 for 2 pain shots,MIR and seen by 3 doc's!!!!.......no broken bones just deep bruising....

that is the problem!!!!!!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

LOL. Well you are right! I forgot Ego is the pronoun. Used to the "o" ending being 1st person ending on verbs in Spanish now. I use it a bit more than Latin these days

Leave it to a Latin to correct me.

My sister in law teaches Latin. I will have her give me the lashes!

Seriously thanks for pointing that out!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Keeping Obamacare isn't ideal.

No. I'm not better off. Before ACA was passed I had an awesome 90/10 plan that my employer provided for free. After ACA was passed, they couldn't offer that plan. Now, the only plan I can get for free is a high deductible plan. So I opt for the not as high, but still high deductible plan, which I have to pay a few hundred a month for. To get anything close to the plan I had, I'd have to pay $1K+ per month. So no. Only some are winners with ACA. I want it gone. ****ING GONE! Get the G out of healthcare altogether. That's what I want. Nancy Pelosi can kiss my ass till it barks like a fox.

Jamil: Did your employer increase your salary in lieu of providing you with insurance coverage?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    LOL. Well you are right! I forgot Ego is the pronoun. Used to the "o" ending being 1st person ending on verbs in Spanish now. I use it a bit more than Latin these days

Leave it to a Latin to correct me.

My sister in law teaches Latin. I will have her give me the lashes!

Seriously thanks for pointing that out!

haha

No problem. Found myself first wondering if I was completely off.

(Totally non sequitur but "ego" is the transliterated spelling of "him" in Russian, even though it is pronounced "yevo.")

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I haven't said anything about my ego. I just said Nancy can kiss my ass till it barks like a fox. I was being funny.

I wasn't being funny, I was being more clever than you.

You miss the obvious on so many levels:

My ego scoffed at that, so I pushed it in the fire, called it Nancy, and just kept reading...

See?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    the price of health care needs to go down before so everyone can afford it.......i had a accident back in sept and was in the ER for little under 3 hours and my insurance was billed for $12,500.00 for 2 pain shots,MIR and seen by 3 doc's!!!!.......no broken bones just deep bruising....

that is the problem!!!!!!

Everyone hasta get paid. MRI venders. Pharmacy. 3 Docs. However many nurses. Receptionist(s). Janitor.

Why should the prices come down? You can't shop for price. You can't choose to give your business to someone who charges less for the same services. You really don't have many choices through the whole process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom