• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks! I ended up picking it up for a little over 800, not including the grips that I already had. It was used and appears to hardly been fired at all, it was extremely clean and no noticeable wear.
    Dang, pretty good price. I love buying the barely used firearms. Nothing like practically new but can't sell it for new. I bought a Sig 1911 .22 like that. Wasn't even taken apart or fired. And with yours, it doesn't look used at all from the photo, I'd actually figured it was new.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Picked this up yesterday.
    Sig%20Sauer%20P938%20BRG%20Sub%20Kermit%20EDC.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yesterday I saw a P226 Legion with noticeable wear on the slide from going in and out of a holster (i.e. being used).

SHOCKING!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard another rumor that P226 Legion that had a malfunction (an actual double feed) got dropped on the concrete when the user went to a second gun to finish the drill.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I heard another rumor that P226 Legion that had a malfunction (an actual double feed) got dropped on the concrete when the user went to a second gun to finish the drill.
    Ouch, understand why but was never a fan of dropping property like that. Yes, I know, train like I fight, but real world even, I might have to come back, clear the jam and keep running it. I know dropping won't hurt it much, but I was raised, you drop with your weapon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ouch, understand why but was never a fan of dropping property like that. Yes, I know, train like I fight, but real world even, I might have to come back, clear the jam and keep running it. I know dropping won't hurt it much, but I was raised, you drop with your weapon.

If you only have one, absolutely agree!

If you have gear options, time is the commodity that is in short supply. Most people either don't carry a second gun, or their second gun is too tiny/concealed too deeply to present in a reasonable amount of time.

Of course, this was an actual double feed. Even if you're good at clearing those, it's going to take 7-10 seconds to clear the malfunction, get reloaded, and back into action.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If you only have one, absolutely agree!

If you have gear options, time is the commodity that is in short supply. Most people either don't carry a second gun, or their second gun is too tiny/concealed too deeply to present in a reasonable amount of time.

Of course, this was an actual double feed. Even if you're good at clearing those, it's going to take 7-10 seconds to clear the malfunction, get reloaded, and back into action.
    True on the time. Most people don't carry a spare magazine, let alone a backup pistol. Although, lots of people carry knives as tools and forget they can be weapons as well. But back to the topic, good on them practicing and training. Maybe a class and clearing jams would be a great class. Because 7 to 10 seconds is a long time, should be able to clear in less than 5. Granted, I'm not a pistoler, but I've had to clear a good amount of jams.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Going on the road for a few days. I decided to take the P320 for road duty.
    Left the P226 w/light on the bedside for the wife.

Top Bottom