The Single Most Important Unarmed Skill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    OK, I posted a teaser on my FaceBook page regarding a video that is upcoming shortly on my YouTube channel. I said that I'll be posting a video covering what I consider to be the single most important unarmed technique/tactic out there.

What do you think is the single most important unarmed technique/tactic?

I do have a physical technique/skill in mind that does dovetail into a broader tactics, BTW. :D

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, after fitness, using that as a platform for everything physical, I would say some sort of fence. Maybe thats too general. Good call on SA as well outlaw.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    vulcannervepinch.jpg

You're welcome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SA for sure. It is a tactic that involves no physical contact. It is a good way to avoid said contact and it will save your life or the life of others less aware. If that fails then having the skills and ability to kick them in the junk is a good next step........:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Some good responses, guys. Situational Awareness is very important, without a doubt. It is, unfortunately, one of those topics that everyone talks about but few provide tools or techniques to support the application thereof. ;)

The physical technique that I think is the single most important thing for people to learn is, in the words of Geoff Thompson, 'the Fence'.

It is a simple structure designed to support controlling your environment when interacting with people. It positions the hands & arms so that they provide options for proactively striking and for mitigating damage from incoming blows.

Here's a video where I talk a bit about using the Fence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8lVBmJj9ow

Top Bottom