• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have to agree with your statement Joe! I've had people look at my guns and then balk at the suggestion that we do the sale through an FFL (my treat). Their response alone is good enough for me...$25 to CYA on someone....I'll pay the fee out of profits to keep my butt out of jail and out of the court room.

I thought Joe was being sarcastic, could be wrong, I don't know him well.:dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I thought Joe was being sarcastic, could be wrong, I don't know him well.:dunno:

Joe was being very sarcastic for most of the post. I wouldn't go through an FFL for a private purchase. There is simply no advantage to me in doing so. I do not wish the government to have records on ALL my guns. If there is going to be government paperwork, I want a new gun, a new gun warranty (not all manufacturers extend support to other than the original purchaser,) and I want dealer support if there is a problem with the gun. Going through an FFL for a private purchase is all benefit for the seller, ZERO benefit for the purchaser. It would have to be a heck of a deal before I'd see any good reason to go through an FFL for a private deal.

So, yes, most of my post was sarcastic. Not all, though. There are FFL's that push for requiring all transactions to go through them. They will react violently with smears and slurs, and make the pathetic claim there is no money in it for them. All you have to do, though, is look at the character of dealers like Don's that push for such a requirement. You know... they don't want to make money, yada yada, yada. Reckon they just want to perform a public service :rolleyes: We all know they are simply pursuing a way to extort another revenue stream from us by trying to make such transfers mandatory.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    What I got from the story is how ineffective our judicial system really is due to the fact that felons that did the killing were not behind bars to even have the ability to kill anyone. If someone is a felon, why are they out on the streets?

Umm..because their sentence was completed? :dunno:

Unless you advocate that EVERY felony requires a mandatory life sentence then there are always going to be convicted felons among us.

Top Bottom