• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What is this "garage" of which you speak?

Is that like parking you car under the little roof spot in the parking lot at Krogers right after the kid takes the carts in?

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I remember when I had a 2 car attached and 2 car detached set up nice. Compressor room, heated, A/C, TV, refrigerator, and exhaust fan set up for painting. Now I only have 2 car and kids, so that pretty much sums it up.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

If you park cars in the garage, where do you live? You don't go in the house with the vagina people do you?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My garage faces due north. In the morning, the sun in the east shines brightly on one of the sensors that stops the garage door when their is an obstruction. In the late afternoon, the sun in the western sky does the same thing to the sensor on the other side. When this happens, I can get my garage door to lower.

If I'm inside the garage, I can hold the button until it closes and it's okay. When I'm outside, though, I have to get out of the car and shade the sensor to get the door to lower.

Everything works fine when the sun isn't shining directly one of them, so they the two are aligned.

Any ideas for a solution?

I note that you FAILED TO REPORT for wall duty as per my order in my text last week.

Had you arrived at my house at 4AM, as per my order, you would not have to worry about sunshine or any such silly distractions.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Toilet paper tubes work very well and fit nicely. We know you save those things so now you can use them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

If you park cars in the garage, where do you live? You don't go in the house with the vagina people do you?

Well, I can't lie. I do.

It goes against my grain and requires a dramatic lifestyle disruption, but there are some advantages.

Plus it's where the A/C is.

I note that you FAILED TO REPORT for wall duty as per my order in my text last week.

Had you arrived at my house at 4AM, as per my order, you would not have to worry about sunshine or any such silly distractions.

Send me plain text messages instead of those multi-media things that choke my flip phone and I might!

I should.

Toilet paper tubes work very well and fit nicely. We know you save those things so now you can use them.

That's brilliant! I'm going to try it.

I'm glad you mentioned it. I noticed this morning that the wiring for the sensors runs behind the drywall, so moving them is going to take some effort.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Options not yet mentioned:

1. Change your clocks and schedule multiple times per year to position the sun in a less disruptive location (Name the practice something ridiculous like Door Sensor Time for bonus points.)

2. Taunt your enemies to attack you twice per day such that their arrows blot out the sun when you need to run the door. (Fight in the shade and/or dine in hell for bonus points.)

3. Remove the door.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My fire extinguisher fell off the wall last night and hit one of the sensors, bending the clip. My wife couldn't shut the door when going to work

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm glad you mentioned it. I noticed this morning that the wiring for the sensors runs behind the drywall, so moving them is going to take some effort.

options:

1. Not too much effort to splice in some more wire to move the sensors above the door.

2. Or most likely the wiring runs straight down the wall beside the door... make small hole above door to pull wire up through, use sensor brackets to cover hole.

3. Wiring may go to wall button, or may go to motor housing.... if to motor housing, move sensors up by the motor, splicing in to the wires at that point.

-rvb

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Options not yet mentioned:

1. Change your clocks and schedule multiple times per year to position the sun in a less disruptive location (Name the practice something ridiculous like Door Sensor Time for bonus points.)

2. Taunt your enemies to attack you twice per day such that their arrows blot out the sun when you need to run the door. (Fight in the shade and/or dine in hell for bonus points.)

3. Remove the door.

I like #2. Should you take that option, might I suggest that you also start a small business dedicated to arrow refurbishment and resale.

Top Bottom