The unofficial Churches should not be tax exempt thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Churches be tax exempt?

• Total voters

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some of you guys act like you have no idea what a non-profit is and understand that there are many types of non-profits per law. This overly simplistic "pay their fair share" nonsense is just silly. No one wants all to pay their fair share more than myself.

This is certainly not a complete list

Trade associations: The NFL (not to be confused with the for profit teams), Chamber Of Commerce, Realtors, Cattlemens association

Charity: United Way

Religious: churches

Civic: Lions, Rotary,

Clubs: VFW, American Legion

In fact the IRS recognizes more than 30 different types of non-profits. Most of the money for nonprofits is post tax except for the donations that are to tax deductible groups.

I cannot believe so many of the posters here think churches, charity, and associations should pay taxes.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Sure there are some churches that have huge budgets and lots of money. Mine is small and struggles to keep the bills paid most years. Nobody is getting rich off our tax free status. :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Sure there are some churches that have huge budgets and lots of money. Mine is small and struggles to keep the bills paid most years. Nobody is getting rich off our tax free status. :dunno:

That is the kind of churches I am used to, growing up in a rural setting. For a glimpse of the other side of the coin try reading 'The Vatican Empire' by Nino Lo Bello. This book is old (1970) so the numbers are obsolete but it is a quick easy read and a real eye-opener.

Top Bottom